Air for topping up tyres

Any msa on m6 or m5 capable of topping up tyres to 100+ psi?

Largeperm:

Carry an airline and coupling plug into your own compressor

Largeperm:

No. Tyre fitters or HGV garage. If it’s got a slow puncture or leaking valve just get it fixed.

No leak , I just wanted to top them all up approx 10psi out… we have no facilities must be others on here with small yards who have no facilities , what do you do? Before someone else suggests I ask one of our drivers I’m the only hgv, rest are vans that use the petrol station air.

Largeperm:
No leak , I just wanted to top them all up approx 10psi out… we have no facilities must be others on here with small yards who have no facilities , what do you do?

Let the tyres slowly deflate until I get a blowout on the motorway then phone the office. :stuck_out_tongue:

Largeperm:
No leak , I just wanted to top them all up approx 10psi out… we have no facilities must be others on here with small yards who have no facilities , what do you do? Before someone else suggests I ask one of our drivers I’m the only hgv, rest are vans that use the petrol station air.

Company’s problem. Find out who does the servicing, take the lorry there. When boss complains tell him it’ll be cheaper if they buy a suitable compressor, airline and tyre gauge.

I’ve .always been wary about blowing up truck tyres anyway, especially standing over them,.so I never have since becoming an employed driver on other people’s motors.

Heard too many horror stories of faces being blown off after exploding tyres, which may or may not be true, but I ain’t prepared nor willing to find out by experience.

robroy:
Heard too many horror stories of faces being blown off after exploding tyres, which may or may not be true, but I ain’t prepared nor willing to find out by experience.

If you Google “fitter killed by exploding tyre” you’ll see it’s true enough.

robroy:
I’ve .always been wary about blowing up truck tyres anyway, especially standing over them,.so I never have since becoming an employed driver on other people’s motors.

General rule if the tyres up and just adjusting the pressure all ok if it’s going to go bang it would have done already. If it’s seriously low or flat pump at your peril

chester1:

robroy:

General rule if the tyres up and just adjusting the pressure all ok if it’s going to go bang it would have done already. If it’s seriously low or flat pump at your peril

Cheers for the advice, but I’ll stick to being (over if you like) cautious thanks.
It’s worked for me so far.