Air Duster Gun - Actros

Ive just bought the above for my cab and have no instructions on how to install. Can aynone help?

I can’t help with your problem but this would probably get more replies if it was moved to the PDF :wink:

Probably. :laughing:

unitrucker:
Ive just bought the above for my cab and have no instructions on how to install. Can aynone help?

cut pipe behind seat, insert t-piece, and insert airline pipe.

Are they any good was thinking about getting one a while back but didn’t bother.

Mullens:
Are they any good was thinking about getting one a while back but didn’t bother.

yes very handy for blowing out crumbs, blowing up balloons, and getting dust out of hard to reach places.
there is of course a health and safety issue.
i don’t know what it is, but i’m sure there’ll be one. :laughing:

There are 3 Star head bolts behind drivers seat,take them out tilt seat forward…kink the airlines to know which is the right one,the seat will go down if it is.
cut the line,make sure yiu have enough pipe either side so they fit properly into the T piece…leave some slack and put the seat back down,thread line under side of seat where ther is a groove…and thats that. :wink:

Depending on the age of the truck there should be a air connector on the back of the seat frame, but the ones you buy from garages, etc, will not be the right size. I only noticed the in-built connector once I’d messed around with cutting pipes, etc.

Some air dusters will fit straight into the connector behind the seat (the one out my Globetrotter plugged straight in),failing that,find the air line to the seat,cut it,put a t-piece connector in then plug your air gun in and away you go.Only thing I found with my Actros is there’s nowhere convenient to hang the bloody thing,so mine is on the floor at the side of the seat.Brilliant for getting the crap from round the switches on the dash,and if you’ve got a decent one the gun pops off and you can use it to power small air tools.Made the difference between getting home and being weekended a couple of times :slight_smile:

If you’re lucky enough to drive a tipper,you can also run it off the airlines on the back of the raise/lower lever

Do you do the same to fit a duster to a Volvo FM? T piece/cut pipes etc?

Yeah they fit like that on the volvo its the scania that plug into the dash or they used to anyway.Its an easy job while you are parked up for five minutes.

Bud143:
Yeah they fit like that on the volvo its the scania that plug into the dash or they used to anyway.Its an easy job while you are parked up for five minutes.

Still same on the 11 plate I was in today, behind a cover to left of steering wheel

The last Scania i had was the four series

Bud143:
The last Scania i had was the four series

Was probably better :wink:

Four wheel unit 400bhp plated at 40 tonne it was the first truck i had.My dad got it new then i passed my test and got it.Thought i was king of the road! Crap cab just the ordinary single bunk that pulled down onto the drawer,no room.

Only problem with fitting dust gun to seat is when you use it it tricks the computer into thinking there is is a problem with the seat and loads of fault codes store up, I ran a new line from a pipe near the exhaust , near the test points , along the chassis up the front of the cab in through the fuse board and out through the near side dash, and i store it under the cup holders , which just pop out, I then use the dust gun and put it back out of harms way. I travel with a porter sometimes and i have to allow for some clumsy oaf not kicking it or pulling the line out. That clumsy oaf could also apply to me if ive been on it :smiley:

Barcelona_Karl:
Only problem with fitting dust gun to seat is when you use it it tricks the computer into thinking there is is a problem with the seat and loads of fault codes store up, I ran a new line from a pipe near the exhaust , near the test points , along the chassis up the front of the cab in through the fuse board and out through the near side dash, and i store it under the cup holders , which just pop out, I then use the dust gun and put it back out of harms way. I travel with a porter sometimes and i have to allow for some clumsy oaf not kicking it or pulling the line out. That clumsy oaf could also apply to me if ive been on it :smiley:

Not everyone is capable of doing that or would want to!

Barcelona_Karl:
Only problem with fitting dust gun to seat is when you use it it tricks the computer into thinking there is is a problem with the seat and loads of fault codes store

Never had that problem in my FH or Actros,what motor did you get fault codes with?

We’re do you plug the air gun in on a scannia(56 plate)
Or do you need to plumb into seat?