Air Duster DAF XF 105

Anyone know where you can fit one on an XF 105 13 plate…? Tried to fit it under the seat like you could with the older 105’s but its all enclosed now, instead of having access to the air lines from the little round plastic cover on the side of the seat.

one of our lads put one under the seat he just put a small slit in the rubber suround

They only blow the dust to the other side of the cab!

There should be a connector to connect it straight into down the side of the drivers seat

I’ve had a look, i’ve only got the extra electrical connection socket next to where the suspension control is, i’ve had alook at the rear of the seat but no connector, even tho the manual says there is one.

I was in a 12 plate XF on Tuesday, had an air duster connected under the seat.

Anyone else know where you can connect these to, other than under the drivers seat?

JellyFox:
Anyone else know where you can connect these to, other than under the drivers seat?

I’m sure you could connect it somehow to your red air line, but the question would be why? Why would you not want to connect it under the seat? It’s the easiest and by far the most sensible option.

the maoster:

JellyFox:

I’m sure you could connect it somehow to your red air line, but the question would be why? Why would you not want to connect it under the seat? It’s the easiest and by far the most sensible option.

The drivers seat is enclosed on the new XF’s, so don’t know where to start?

bigtruck:
They only blow the dust to the other side of the cab!

The key to successful use is to open the door

the maoster:

JellyFox:

The drivers seat is enclosed on the 13 plate XF, not like the old seat where you could just take the side cover off, so don’t know where to start really? Knowing my luck I’d break the seat…

If its the new type cab this wont help but if its the older model, open the 4 screws for the radio panel and in behind the dash is an airline that splits in 2. 1 goes to the seat and one goes to the steering column adjustment. Just run the pipe in under the dash and t it into either pipe. DO NOT connect to handbrake pipes or any pipe you don’t know what it does. If the fitting ever fails you’ll end up with brakes locked on.
All of the above applies even if it is the new cab but I don’t know how the dash comes out. Hope this helps

I bought an extension pipe and connected it under the plastic trim that runs along the bottom under the door, the pipe with a connector comes out where the trim goes across to the seat and I just plug in the airline when I want it and store it in a locker out of the way when I don’t.