Air con pods

How much are these things? See them now and again on some GB motors but mainly on the Spanish. It would cost a lot in fuel, keeping me cool, if I ran the engine for the air con, any tips on keeping the cab cool in summer? I don’t remember suffering that much last year on nights out.

Won’t get much change from £3000 for a 3kw condensor type think the evaporator type that you fill with water are a bit cheaper.

found a link to some with a price, not sure if they’re the compressor or evaporator type.

kudauk.ltd.uk/shop/product.php?pid=224

jacksonsleisure.com/caravan- … oner-unit/

Our fridge guy told us the 1000 watt ones would struggle with the heat thru the day in spain or southern france, which we sleep in to work nights. Maybe just wanted to sell us the dear ones though.

Anyway 1 of these for 20 quid is fine for thru the night in the uk for most of summer.
www2.westfalia.net/shops/good_li … 0v_12v.htm

I’ve had a few fitted over years
Non water ones around 1000-1200 fitted
Key to it run normal aircon first bring cab temp down
Then works fine all night inc Spain Italy

Waeco ones we use

Hi, I bought one from renault last year, they had them on offer for £500 brand new. I bought it in September but they had loads left they said. I fitted it over winter it took me 1 full day well, worth the money, I cud sell it tomoz for the same price. It’s worth a phone call at least.
I’ve seen them for sale in Devon for £1400 fitted

NewLad:
It would cost a lot in fuel, keeping me cool, if I ran the engine for the air con, any tips on keeping the cab cool in summer? I don’t remember suffering that much last year on nights out.

Most of our distance drivers have to sleep in the cab during the daytime, which isn’t too much fun at present with temps down here in the high thirties (although all of the new long haul fleet is now equipped with Waeco rooftop coolers we still have a few trucks that only have regular engine-on A/C).

As the previous poster said, if you can bring the cab temp down with the normal A/C before parking up it’ll help. Also think about the direction of the sun, if you’re parking late at night try to avoid facing the cab towards the east where the sun will hit the screen as soon as it rises. Reflective silver screen covers are an efficient way of keeping the sun’s heat out, and if you pop the grille open once you park up that’ll help the heat from the engine to disperse, meaning the cab stays cooler underneath.

Sleep well buddy!

badger328:
Hi, I bought one from renault last year, they had them on offer for £500 brand new. I bought it in September but they had loads left they said. I fitted it over winter it took me 1 full day well, worth the money, I cud sell it tomoz for the same price. It’s worth a phone call at least.
I’ve seen them for sale in Devon for £1400 fitted

Jeepers Creepers, I’d have bit their hand off too.

You can spec them rear mounted ones on the new range T, I think they waterless not sure.