AH WELL!

I got done for speeding at 0250 this morning on the M5. Wasn’t concentrating and the right foot was a tad heavy!
91MPH. So much for me saying I don’t speed. :blush:

Your Syntax may be wonky but some speedo’s definitely aren’t…and they don’t sleep at night.

Hard lines mate. :smiley:

Silly boy, you should have stuck to about 80 - 85 mph and then you probably would of been ok.

Hopefully you’ll get offered a speed awareness course, a few hours of chat and a few dvd’s to look at, but better than points

Avon and Somerset have stopped the speed awareness course, but don’t know where Vern got nabbed and at 90 that was quite a way over the limit so the course might be a no no anyway as I thought it was only if you were a little bit over.

bigvern1:
I got done for speeding at 0250 this morning on the M5. Wasn’t concentrating and the right foot was a tad heavy!

did you get done for tampering with the limiter as well vern :wink:

Must have been reading at least 96 m.p.h. on the speedometer and probably more so I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Not because speeding is wrong, but for being “holier-than-thou” and condemning others for speeding while pretending that you don’t do it yourself.

Harry Monk:
Must have been reading at least 96 m.p.h. on the speedometer and probably more so I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Not because speeding is wrong, but for being “holier-than-thou” and condemning others for speeding while pretending that you don’t do it yourself.

To be fair he has come out and admittted it …

Ha Ha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

What nicked ya Vern? Unmarked or a trafic car? They have bloody loads of unmarked cars around Exeter - Taunton area lately.

Like I want sympathy from anyone? :unamused: I never profess to being holier than anyone. I don’t speed as a rule. I have things on my mind and wasn’t concentrating as normal, so ■■■■■■■■. I got caught dropping down the hill from Avonmouth towards Clevedon. A marked car appeared from nowhere and gave me the beans. No speed awareness course. I apologized and held my hands up. 3 points and £60 fine. I was wrong and paying for it.

please accept my deepest sympathy, and here’s a little bit towards your fine.

five_pound_note1944.jpg

bigvern1:
Like I want sympathy from anyone? :unamused: I never profess to being holier than anyone. I don’t speed as a rule. I have things on my mind and wasn’t concentrating as normal, so ■■■■■■■■. I got caught dropping down the hill from Avonmouth towards Clevedon. A marked car appeared from nowhere and gave me the beans. No speed awareness course. I apologized and held my hands up. 3 points and £60 fine. I was wrong and paying for it.

Yep that’s a popular area for them to hang about especially at the Clevedon interchange, also half way down that hill there’s a council depot that has its own little turn off and I’ve seen them hiding in there before.

bigvern1:
I apologized and held my hands up. 3 points and £60 fine. I was wrong and paying for it.

Is that all you got, bloody ell, be thankful you didn’t get done in Scotland :frowning:

most coppers will let you off with a £60 fine and 3points if your under 100 providing your attitude is right, however if you start telling them about catching real criminals etc expect a court date!

ady1:

bigvern1:

Remember he’s currently driving a van. Assuming it’s no more than 3.5t MAM, that means a 70mph limit on the motorway, no speed limiter and no tachograph.

djw:

ady1:

bigvern1:

Remember he’s currently driving a van. Assuming it’s no more than 3.5t MAM, that means a 70mph limit on the motorway, no speed limiter and no tachograph.

As he has just come back from Ireland, he may have been in a car or on a motorbike :bulb:

Wheel Nut:

djw:

As he has just come back from Ireland, he may have been in a car or on a motorbike :bulb:

Very true. My point was that his endorseable fixed penalty for 91mph wasn’t issued whilst driving an LGV.

If you were driving an LGV at 91mph downhill, you would expect prosecution for being more than 50% over the 60mph limit. Assuming it was a speed limited vehicle, you would also expect to have a vehicle examiner checking the tachograph and speed limiter for tampering (magnet?). If tampering was found, you’d have more than a speeding prosecution to worry about.

bigvern1:

Fair play to you for admitting to the fact you failed to see another car behind you at 02.50 on the M5. Silly boy, I hope you didn’t tell them you were a Lorry Driver. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Nope…Who’d admit to that crappy profession? :open_mouth:
I was driving a VW Transporter van. The road was deserted until I passed the law enforcement officers, who were hiding in previously mentioned Council depot hidey-hole! OOPS. :blush:

that was going to be my other point at 0250 am its not like you were doing that speed when the roads were busy, i doubt anyone on here can say they have never exceeded the limits as we all have its just getting caught that separates us!