Aguri TX700 with dash cam

so. i decided to order one of these the other day. i spoke to an online agent on aguris website and told him to give me a reason to purchase his product over tomtom or garmin. he put together a very compelling argument and offered 20% off and thrown in a free carry case. so the question is has anyone had any experience with these or similar aguri products ? are they simple to use. do they actually work or shall i send it back lol ? just want any knowledge on them. i payed £220. the nearest i could get with tomtom 6000 was around £280 i believe and garmin dezl about £320 or £303 with halfords if i trade in an old sat nav

I think the lack of replies probably gives a clue as to how many are using one. Personally never heard of them, but did find a thread on here from earlier in the year about them. Not sure if it’ll be helpful, but having had numerous unknown brand sat navs and having gone back to TomTom, personally I’d probably spend the extra on a known and trusted brand - especially when it comes to getting map updates.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137780&hilit=aguri+tx700

They look exactly like the cheap £35-60 Chinese ones except they ain’t £35-£60 :open_mouth:

Must admit, that’s what I’m thinking. Runs Android and allows installation of stuff from the Play store - that doesn’t sound much like a sat nav. It actually sounds like one of several I’ve had which were PDA’s with a GPS chip built in - a couple even had TomTom software and still didn’t work well compared to the real thing. Suspect it’s similar to trying to use my phone which I tried recently, that didn’t end well.

As for the dash cam, it’d be worth checking out what the quality is like in bright sunshine and at night which is where most of them fall down, even the expensive Snooper’s with DVR. Nextbase seem to make the best one of those, although it’ll cost about the same as this sat nav.

Don’t see the point in sat navs with built in dash cams,I have my sat nav in the bottom left corner of the windscreen which ain’t gonna be much help if someone pulls out on me from a side road in the left as it wouldn’t pick it up,most dash cams are mounted dead centre of the windscreen which if you put the sat nav there you’d struggle to see it or certainly have to take your eyes off the road to see it…personally I think the whole sat nav with in built camera is nothing more than an expensive gimmick.

Apologies for dragging up an old thread, however as most newbies like myself will be considering a sat nav purchase…

It would seem that there are very few Aguri owners on here, but a trawl of Amazon dug up 14 reviews on the TX700

amazon.co.uk/Aguri-Truck-TX … FRK1CCHWSR

amazon.co.uk/Aguri-Truck-TX … B018MNY232

…and FOUR of them mention cracked screens

On the safe assumption that these 4 people didn’t spend £200 -£300 on a sat nav just to play football with it, then the screens are obviously not fit for purpose - and indeed two of the reviewers says it happened less than 2 months into ownership when it fell off the windscreen ferchrissakes :unamused:

By way of comparison My Tomtom One Car nav (owned for 8 years) has probably fallen off my car windscreen at least 500 times and it still looks more or less as good as the day I got it.

Hope your Aguri is fairing well Big Rob, but in general terms the build quality of these looks to be shocking ! :frowning:

KTMrider:
Apologies for dragging up an old thread, however as most newbies like myself will be considering a sat nav purchase…

It would seem that there are very few Aguri owners on here, but a trawl of Amazon dug up 14 reviews on the TX700

amazon.co.uk/Aguri-Truck-TX … FRK1CCHWSR

amazon.co.uk/Aguri-Truck-TX … B018MNY232

…and FOUR of them mention cracked screens

On the safe assumption that these 4 people didn’t spend £200 -£300 on a sat nav just to play football with it, then the screens are obviously not fit for purpose - and indeed two of the reviewers says it happened less than 2 months into ownership when it fell off the windscreen ferchrissakes :unamused:

By way of comparison My Tomtom One Car nav (owned for 8 years) has probably fallen off my car windscreen at least 500 times and it still looks more or less as good as the day I got it.

Hope your Aguri is fairing well Big Rob, but in general terms the build quality of these looks to be shocking ! :frowning:

As above, it’s the build quality you’re paying for when you spend hundreds of pounds!
And if spending HUNDREDS of pounds, why take the risk? :open_mouth:

I’ve a £40 cheapie and a TomTom 6000. They both do the job, but the cheapie is my backup and never gets used…

I’m using my cheapie one now,my TomTom 6000 SIM card has become corrupted so none of the live services are working…it’s currently @ TomTom in Eindhoven having the sim replaced :imp: