Agencys in west and south yorkshire please guys

mac12:

Trouble:
God youre a blooming cynical lot on here arent ya :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t no about cynical but you are sounding like a ad for a agency and not a driver for them

Course Im going to advertise for them. They put me through my Class 1 (they paid for it), they believed in me and got me work straight away as a "newbie", and the pay rate is good for this area. I can call them anytime, and if I have any worries/concerns they talk me through it or sort it for me. They are NOT your typical ■■■■■ agency. Hence why Im telling people about them, most drivers want to work for a decent agency, so heres your chance. Some people cant work full time, some people do want full time, some need to work round other jobs etc. This agency actually accommodates you, so why shouldnt I sing their praises? I tell you, you cant win. Drivers slag off agencies and say the industries shagged, then when individuals actually try and make it better, theyre doubted too (The guy who set it up is a HGV driver, and hed had enough of seeing other drivers being treat like p00p and so wanted to do something about it) … :unamused: … as I say, a bloody cynical lot on here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:
Just realised…

You can blame 10/4 rubber duckie for that one :laughing: :laughing:

Trouble:

mac12:

Trouble:
God youre a blooming cynical lot on here arent ya :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t no about cynical but you are sounding like a ad for a agency and not a driver for them

Course Im going to advertise for them. They put me through my Class 1 (they paid for it), they believed in me and got me work straight away as a "newbie", and the pay rate is good for this area. I can call them anytime, and if I have any worries/concerns they talk me through it or sort it for me. They are NOT your typical [zb] agency. Hence why Im telling people about them, most drivers want to work for a decent agency, so heres your chance. Some people cant work full time, some people do want full time, some need to work round other jobs etc. This agency actually accommodates you, so why shouldnt I sing their praises? I tell you, you cant win. Drivers slag off agencies and say the industries shagged, then when individuals actually try and make it better, theyre doubted too (The guy who set it up is a HGV driver, and hed had enough of seeing other drivers being treat like p00p and so wanted to do something about it) … :unamused: … as I say, a bloody cynical lot on here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When they paid for your Class 1 did they pay you less for hours worked, tie you to a contract or give you the work nobody else wanted.

mac12:
When they paid for your Class 1 did they pay you less for hours worked, tie you to a contract or give you the work nobody else wanted.

Nope, Im paid the same as every one else, (and paid more than a lot of other drivers I know) and Ive have had some cracking jobs so far, (the best one delivering container top lift equipment on to Sunderland Quay).

Yes I signed a contract, but not one that says I cant leave. If I work for them for 12 months, its paid. If I leave before 6 months, then yes I have to pay £900 (which is fair) if I leave after 6 months then I pay less that half that (again, more than fair). But why would I leave? I choose when I work, I get paid £10/£12/£14ph (thats PAYE, its more if youre self employed), driving brand new vehicles, well maintained trailers, with decent jobs, for folk that actually give a ■■■■. Its a no brainer really :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Does anyone know of any good agencys in west Yorkshire not south Yorkshire thanks guys? :confused:

Ten four rubber duck:
Does anyone know of any good agencys in west Yorkshire not south Yorkshire thanks guys? :confused:

Where in west yorks are you?
As it may help us to help you, especially if your on the far edge and they recommend jobs at the opposite end, it may narrow things down somewhat

Normanton near wakefield :exclamation:

G I Group(Leeds)were always fair with me.Experience leads me to be wary of a lady whose name begins with an F.

Would that be a name beginning in FI and ending in ONA? I worked part time for her for years and she was sound. Different story when I went full time for her.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Didn’t she work for No - Neck for a short while? :question:

Mick.Couldn’t possibly say due to libel laws,slander,etc even though I have retained all correspondance in case of future need.I didn’t want to do full time for a crap company so I used to do bits and pieces for different agencies to suit me.I already had my villa in Spain so I only wanted 3 x 10 hour shifts a week or so.She liked offering jobs for me to accept,then cancel an hour before due start.After a while I phoned the company myself to confirm.When my wages were witheld for over a month I decided enough was enough.

Last I heard she had the Warby’s contract at Normanton, working for herself. I remember her from when she worked at Bridge Contracts in Heckmondwike, and look at how that ended up!

And as for the Rubber Duck if you can’t find agency work in the Normanton area you really aren’t trying. :unamused:

What happened to Bridge Contracts in Heckmondwike?

Ok thanks for the help!