Agencys in rotherham area

can anyone recommened any good ones?? ones to avoid etc, and types of jobs you can expect wouldn’t mind trying supermarket work. currently working on flatbed work but its getting abit quiet and pays dropped a fair bit. cheers

saw this on BBC news

revman:
saw this on BBC news

heard about it other day alan not good, suppose it will benefit the stobart drivers though.

lgamston:
Can anyone recommened any good ones?

Ones to avoid etc, and types of jobs you can expect wouldn’t mind trying supermarket work.
Currently working on flatbed work but its getting abit quiet and pays dropped a fair bit. cheers

Are there any good agencies anywhere ? - I’m not sure.

UK Mail need someone:

Wage £24,000 per annum
Hours 45 per week Monday-Friday 7pm - 5am
Location ROTHERHAM
Duration Permanent
Date job posted 07 September 2012
Must possess a clean C+E licence and have completed at least 2 modules of the driver CPC course.
Duties will include: trunking to various destinations.
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Andy at
UK Mail, Unit E02, Magna 34 Business Park, Temple Close, Sheffield Road, Rotherham, S60 1DX.

find the company you fancy working for
then ask them(security)
what agency they use

lgamston:
Wouldn’t mind trying supermarket work.

DHL want drivers for Thorncliffe/Chapeltown (Sheffield) for the Marks & Spencer contract.

Dieseldoforme:

lgamston:
Wouldn’t mind trying supermarket work.

DHL want drivers for Thorncliffe/Chapeltown (Sheffield) for the Marks & Spencer contract.

whats the job like? they any good to work for dhl, i can only find sheffield depot number in google.

lgamston:
Whats the job like?

Any good to work for dhl?

I’ve never worked on the Marks & Sparks contract so I cannot comment.

Most people say that DHL are OK to work for. Just stick to all the rules and regulations - as you should do anyway.

Quote Job Ref UK 33646.
To apply, send your application and CV to Janet Staines DHL HR Manager, 1 Sterling Road,
South Marston Park, Swindon, SN3 4TT or apply online to janet.staines@dhl.com

AFAIK M&S at chapeltown is (or was run by nobbies)
Either that or my beer drinking buddy (who’s a manager there) is wearing the wrong T-shirt to work

Tbh knowing the state of agy demand ATM as the holidays are over so I doubt the OP will get enough odd days work if he’s only intending to work 1 w/end every fortnight. Local agys have short memories when it comes to names of drivers who only work occasionally. Also because where he’s located on the border of the S & DN postcodes, he may need to consider which agys he works for, as some of the agys in Doncaster cover an area as far as the east coast due to it being in the DN postcode

peirre:
AFAIK M&S at Chapeltown is or was run by nobbies.

Either that or my beer drinking buddy (who’s a manager there) is wearing the wrong T-shirt to work.

No doubt your beer drinking buddy will advise you that he wears a Norbert Dentressangle T-shirt because he works in
Thorncliffe warehouse but if he had anything to do with transport on that site, he would have a DHL T-shirt on his back.

Thorncliffe is a dual contract operation. I was there last week.

lgamston:
Can anyone recommened any good ones?

I would perhaps risk saying Best Connection in Sheffield as being one of the better ones.

There are plenty of agencies to avoid due to:
long travel to the job,
unpaid cancellations,
feeding the best work to ■■■ lickers
rip-off holiday pay etc. etc. etc.

Whoever he signs up with, I still suspect that it’s enevitable that they won’t allow him to be PAYE and he’ll be paid via a brolly company, and taxed acordingly especially as it will be a 2nd job.
The basic £10-£20 admin fee they levy will take quite a chunk out of the 1 days wage he’ll earn. but if hes willing to go down that route there are loads of agys willing to sign him up, everyone of em will swear they have sole rights to this and that depot.