Agency's in essex

Hi all, a question for everyone or anyone based in, or near Essex. I’m thinking of being a weekend driver when I pass. And because weekends are all I can do, I’m guessing that agency work will probably be the way to go, (I could be wrong!). Can anyone recommend or worked for any half decent agencies in Essex area or even Ipswich?

I appreciate any comments, cheers!

Dan

It’s how I got my first start, doing a few weekend shifts. Can’t help with the good, bad or ugly as it was 10 years ago but I’d recommend hit a few of the them and see what they say, sooner or later someone will be desperate enough for a driver that they will take the new boy with crisp licence and a good steady shift for them will boost your confidence (or break you down!) and hopefully elevate your standing in the eyes of the agency. Always worth calling them to see if there is anything coming up as you are available for it, OK so you’ve already given them your availability but it will keep you fresh in their mind.

When you do get a shift, help yourself by being smart, polite and punctual, don’t try and wing it if you don’t know and if something arises you’ve not expected ring in and ask for advice. Basically think of all the agency driver stereotypes and try to avoid anything that puts you in that camp. Get a good report from a company and the agency will know they can place you in another of their clients.

Best of luck.

Cheers 8wheels, I’ll bear that in mind mate :slight_smile: