Agency's and holiday dilemma

Hi everyone,i have just passed my class C and I have my CPC next week then I am out into the world of driving as soon as I get my card and license through, dilemma is I have 2 weeks holiday booked in July will an employer give me time off so close to starting a new job or will I have to work agency till it’s out the way,I was thinking about it anyway to try and get the feel for different jobs but there seems to be a lot of bad press about them anyone know any good agencies in the Milton Keynes area or companies that take new drivers with a holiday booked :astonished:

As long as you make the employer aware that you have a pre booked holiday before the start of your employment, Ie at interview or application they will honour it. The job I am starting next month asked me on application if I had any. I started a job in a November and had a holiday booked for January and this caused no issue for me.

As an employer, I would expect someone to have holidays booked if setting on at this time of year. And, if I want to employ the person enough, I wont let it be a problem.

The secret is in getting the employer to want you enough. So sell yourself hard and don’t make a big negative out of the holiday. And, btw, enjoy it!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Most employers ( if not all now ) generally make a point of asking about holidays booked now

Thanks for the advice, just need to get myself out there might try and miss out the agencies of possible

Only thing is, depending on the company’s policy, you might have to take some of it unpaid - some companies won’t let you take (paid) holiday until you’ve accrued it, and if this is the case, you might not have accrued enough holiday by July to cover the whole two weeks.

Others, however, will allow you to take your whole annual entitlement at the start of the year if you want.

I don’t mind taking all of it unpaid if I can land a decent job,I have been self employed the past 15 years so used to not having paid holidays, having regular pay and paid holidays is going to be a luxury