Agency work.

I’m looking for some info on agency work I work full time at the min driving class 2 but the money’s not the best start my class 1 training next month and was wanting to know what agency work is like, I need regular work as I have a family to support will I get this with an agency? I was speaking to a class 1 driver today and he recommended agency work especially as a new pass as agency pay for insurance instead of the company so shouldn’t be short of work.

Depends where you live. And remember as agency your not guaranteed anything apart from being shafted ( most of the time )

If you are a new driver then no, unless you do the dross that nobody else does. My advice, stay on the full time job. It may be crap money but its regular money.

Radar19:
If you are a new driver then no, unless you do the dross that nobody else does. My advice, stay on the full time job. It may be crap money but its regular money.

You tarted that up well :wink:

Ok ta I live near Sherburn in elmet so not sure who use agency on industrial estate.

So I’m guessing where you work now don’t run artics?
I’d be inclined to hold the full time job while you knock doors for your 1st class 1 job.
It takes time to be established with agencies and get to the top of their list; and during that time you can end up sitting at home by the phone waiting for money to feed your kids. Personally I would never leave a FT job to gamble with the agencies.

I think you would be better off approaching some larger haulage companies direct for artic work.

Some are having lots of problems with getting decent drivers, and seem to be getting more and more interested in new passes because they have not had chance to get into bad habits, and are very mindful of making a good impression and avoiding damage.

An added advantage for the hauliers, is that they get you to work ’ Their way '.

Leehardacre84:
Ok ta I live near Sherburn in elmet so not sure who use agency on industrial estate.

Is that up near peckfield landfill??

Thanks for the replys that’s answered a few questions I had,the company I work for do have attics on the haulage side so I’ll be having a chat with them I do multi drop at the min I enjoy it it just money/hours not enough. I’m not sure if it’s near peck field landfill

There’s cash in the attic.

Leehardacre84:
Thanks for the replys that’s answered a few questions I had,the company I work for do have attics on the haulage side so I’ll be having a chat with them I do multi drop at the min I enjoy it it just money/hours not enough. I’m not sure if it’s near peck field landfill

If your near the a63 off the old A1 try get on landfill it’s good coin, dirty work but worth it