Agency work in South Wales

Anyone know of any agency work in preferably around the Swansea/Carmarthen area. If not then around South Wales?

Google ‘driving agency in X’. Then call each one on the list. And tell them about you (type of licence and how long if less than say 6 months) and ask if they are taking drivers on. Some will say no. Some will say come back when you have more experience. Some will say come down but then offer no work. And a few will sign you up and offer you work.

That’s SammyM’s guide to excellence in finding agency work. I’ve been relatively sucessful in finding work. You will work out after which agencies you actually want to work for. The one agency that was recomended (by someone on here, but also on facebook) seemed to be run by a load of rude boys and were plonkers.

Edit - don’t let them think they can control you. Remember it’s a two way street. Don’t take the micheal, but it’s you who does the job and you who decides how it’s done and what you will do. It’s amazing when you start telling them, how they will change their tune. If you demand only class 1 work they will find it. They want people working so they are earning. I won’t do van or 7.5t work as it’s annoying. But doing a bit of 7.5t during your first few shifts isn’t a bad idea.

What sort of work are you looking for? If it’s part time, you could do worse than approach the likes of Owens or Mansel Davies direct rather than go agency.

Sidevalve:
What sort of work are you looking for? If it’s part time, you could do worse than approach the likes of Owens or Mansel Davies direct rather than go agency.

Or try N R Evans at Cross Hands they do a 4 on 4 off shift pattern I believe

I’m looking for work on my rest days as I currently work full time but have 3-4 days off weekly. I only hold a class 2 license at the moment and have no previous experience. Swift agency stated they should be able to find me work in the Cardiff area but was hoping for something closer to home

jaustin123:
I’m looking for work on my rest days as I currently work full time but have 3-4 days off weekly. I only hold a class 2 license at the moment and have no previous experience. Swift agency stated they should be able to find me work in the Cardiff area but was hoping for something closer to home

Can’t think of their name off hand but try the place opposite NR Evans at Cross Hands, multi drop rigid work all foodstuffs used to deliver cheese into there from Ireland you can see them from the dual carriageway as you head towards Cross Hands

Are they called Dawn PAC?

jaustin123:
Are they called Dawn PAC?

No opposite Dawn Meats just looked it up they are called Castell Howell Foods

jaustin123:

Mansel Davies often have vacancies for milk tanker drivers on farm collections. Give them a call and see if they take on casuals. Ditto Wynnstay at Carmarthen on bulk blowrers, they’re always advertising. We do use the occasional class 2 agency at our place but it’s nights; I’ll try to find out tomorrow which agency we use.
Won’t be ongoing though, just the occasional shift, normally down to Radstock or Blandford empty, load cake and come back.

Edit; try Cowindale at Meidrim, same sort of work though you’d be doing farm delivery there. Sharp learning curve mind you, you’ll either hack it or you won’t. The actual bulk blowing is easy once you get ther hang of it, but the usual criteria apply as with any kind of farm work; if you don’t care for cow ■■■■ don’t bother applying!

That would be great if you could find out what agency they use or they could contact myself directly. Night shifts would be ideal also. Is this work suitable for a Class 2 license ?