Agency work for start?

Hi!Im a new licenced driver and just started looking for job.I have seen that everywhere they need experienced drivers.Is this a good start to get experience-do agency work and then try to get in to a company?Thanks!

raidd:
Hi!Im a new licenced driver and just started looking for job.I have seen that everywhere they need experienced drivers.Is this a good start to get experience-do agency work and then try to get in to a company?Thanks!

Best way to be honest as all agency use drivers turn it round on them and use them for experience, if they send you somewhere you like ask thier transport if there are jobs going and explain the situation.
They can only say no In the meantime keep working for them till a position comes available.

Jeff.

Sounds good.thanks!

You’ll find that agencies are very pushy. I’m signed up with 4, one of them was quite rude demanding to know who else I’m working for and how he can get better work etc… However, they are a good place to start as I’ve found that lots of employers use agencies as a means of screening people who work for them. If they like you, they may ask you to join full time. If they don’t, they’ll get someone else in. You just have to be firm with them. Stick to your hours and don’t let them push you around. If you can’t work because you’ll go over your time, tell them no matter how much begging they do to get you to turn in.