Agency stobart Trafford park?

Just wondering if anyone knows which agency stobarts use or more precisely Trafford park depot. Many thanks for replies in advance.

Eddie Stobarts Ltd tend to use Best Connection and Drivers Direct. Stobart Group use a number of agencies, the only one I am sure of is FS2 Logistics based in Loughborough. I can offer feedback on two of the three I have mentioned, if you want it PM me though, there is one there I can only give negative feedback on and I won’t do that in open forum.

Trafford park ’ depot ’ is an SCA site. Not sure that they use many limpers there mate.

nsmith1180:
Eddie Stobarts Ltd tend to use Best Connection and Drivers Direct. Stobart Group use a number of agencies, the only one I am sure of is FS2 Logistics based in Loughborough. I can offer feedback on two of the three I have mentioned, if you want it PM me though, there is one there I can only give negative feedback on and I won’t do that in open forum.

Why not as everybody else does ■■

raymundo:

nsmith1180:

Why not as everybody else does ■■

I am also a journalist. If you make an opinion known in an open forum you are exercising your right to free speach. If I do it I open myself to charges of Libel.

If you are a journo, I would suggest that you spell speech correctly in future.

eagerbeaver:

Spellcheck is my friend, you don’t use the word speech very often covering motorsport.

I personally wouldn’t work for Stobart if they were the last company on earth but;

Stobart have their own agency called ‘Logistics people’, they advertise pretending to be an agency but it’s just Stobart in disguise. Stobart have probably realised that if they advertise as themselves then nobody with any self respect will work for them so they are trying to pull a fast one by pretending to be an agency lol!!

Mickey mouse:
I personally wouldn’t work for Stobart if they were the last company on earth but;

Stobart have their own agency called ‘Logistics people’, they advertise pretending to be an agency but it’s just Stobart in disguise. Stobart have probably realised that if they advertise as themselves then nobody with any self respect will work for them so they are trying to pull a fast one by pretending to be an agency lol!!

Why? There are several things about Stobarts that I disagree with, that I wouldn’t do if I were in there position but driving for them doesn’t necessarily make you the Anti-Christ. The company is the pits but their drivers on the whole are decent guys and gals trying to do a good job. There is still a lot of freight there that needs to be delivered, there are still a lot of customers who need to be served. Don’t swallow the company line but going in there, doing your job well and then getting out again without being brainwashed into thinking the sun shines out of Williams exhaust is still a worthy undertaking. You can still work there and have pride in what you do without being proud to be a Stobart driver.

Mickey mouse:
I personally wouldn’t work for Stobart if they were the last company on earth

It’s just ‘another’ large company no different no less - just happens to be a notable name!

Stobarts use Logistic People.,think they are based at Rugby truckstop and Finedon.

They also use Bridgebash, Nosoap recruitment Ltd and The L8(noshow) team.

If I didn’t know better I would almost suspect there is an anti Stobart feeling in some areas of this community.

Why is this? I have never crossed paths with the company. Other than watching the episode with the little Welsh fella where they allowed him to take his wagon to Wick or Thurso as a long service reward. They always seem to overcome tough challenges in the tv programme. Only so much time to do such and such. How will they get this great big lorry into that little place? etc.

Seriously though, what is particularly bad about Eddie Stobart?

Kerragy:
Seriously though, what is particularly bad about Eddie Stobart?

Compared to the whole industry? Nothing much.

There’s an acute lack of respect for the workforce (who demand none), a pervading sense of being subject to overbearing power by bosses, in fact all that is missing in this recipe of naked exploitation is the physical gun to the head and the shouts of “didi mau!”.

But this is not confined to Stobarts - it’s common with all big players.

As for what’s particularly bad about the industry, now there’s a question that’s got legs! :laughing:

nsmith1180:
I am also a journalist. If you make an opinion known in an open forum you are exercising your right to free speach. If I do it I open myself to charges of Libel.

What an absolute load of old ■■■■■■■■.

Look up libel, fella. It’s not what you think it is.

nsmith1180:

eagerbeaver:

Spellcheck is my friend, you don’t use the word speech very often covering motorsport.

If you need a spell checker for the word “speech” then god help you. Still at least it would appear that basic literacy isn’t a requirement for being a journalist. I guess that explains the quality of journalism we seem to have nowadays.

nsmith1180:
if I were in there position

This is a great example of why using a spell checker can make you look stupid.

Olog Hai:

nsmith1180:

Indeed. The main defence to libel is that you’re telling the truth.

If a journalist can be silenced from telling the truth in public, then god have mercy on the spineless, for what sort of useful journalism can he possibly pursue if even the modicum of threat of an unsuccessful legal action from a two-bit driving agency is enough to shut his trap?

Rjan:

Olog Hai:

nsmith1180:

Indeed. The main defense to libel is that you’re telling the truth.

If a journalist can be silenced from telling the truth in public, then god have mercy on the spineless, for what sort of useful journalism can he possibly pursue if even the modicum of threat of an unsuccessful legal action from a two-bit driving agency is enough to shut his trap?

Lets deal with things quickly.

First, sorry for the spelling mistakes. I’d been awake for a number of hours and really wasn’t paying attention.

As for the libel, the definition is

Definition of Libel:
a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation; a written defamation

Now what I have to say about one of the three agencies I have listed there is my opinion and my perception. I believe what I would say to be true but I recognise that the experiences of one man does not an agency make. Also while I have several legitimate gripes with the agency in question, I have little evidence to support those gripes and a strong suspicion that should it come to legal action, evidence would be created by said agency to attempt to prove me wrong. If I cant rebut that evidence I lose.

I have had no threats of legal action from the agency in question but a good journalist, even one who only works in Motorsport, not investigative journalism (which is me by the way) will only publish what he can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I cant prove it, so I cant write it.

On the spelling thing again, Speach is the act of Speaking, Speech is the result of the act. Both are valid words which means that spell check wouldn’t have thrown up a red marker to remind a tired truck driving hack that he had used a correctly spelled word in the wrong context. Same with the There/Their issue that has also been raised.

nsmith1180:

Definition of Libel:
a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation; a written defamation

Now what I have to say about one of the three agencies I have listed there is my opinion and my perception. I believe what I would say to be true but I recognise that the experiences of one man does not an agency make. Also while I have several legitimate gripes with the agency in question, I have little evidence to support those gripes and a strong suspicion that should it come to legal action, evidence would be created by said agency to attempt to prove me wrong. If I cant rebut that evidence I lose.

Again, you simply do not understand libel. You may be able to do a copy and paste job, but you don’t understand what the text is saying nor its implications.

Thanks to the government changing the rules a while ago it is a lot more difficult to sue someone for libel or defamation than it was. If you are publishing something on the basis that it is the truth, then it is now down to the other party (the libeled) to prove that you are not.

The other thing to consider is that nobody has asked you to rip whatever agency it is to pieces. They have asked you and anybody else for an honest evaluation of said agency. Just because your experience of this outfit may not be positive it does not automatically make any criticism of it libelous, and to suggest otherwise is laughable. You also have the public interest defence if the agency is horrifically bad to work for, which I am assuming that it is.

I would have thought that, as a self-proclaimed journalist, you would have known this. Perhaps you should leave journalism to those who have at least a small clue what they are doing… :unamused: