Agency question

Why would an agency ask to see 2 months accounts when you sign up with them ?
Seems very odd.

Also any recommendations for agencies around northants area ?

Noworries:
Why would an agency ask to see 2 months accounts when you sign up with them ?
Seems very

Did you consider asking them why?

My personnel thoughs are don’t present em …It’s non of their business.
However I could understand if a bank wanted to see them, as it would give them a sense of credit worthiness.
But for an agency to ask to see them, I’d be very weary, they may want to figure out what sort of rates you’ve been working for. Why not ask to see 2 months of their accounts to assess if they’re credit worthy, to make them think?

They said to make sure I’m upto date with my tax bills and they would also have to write to my accountant. My limited company does 90% of work not related to driving so its irrelevant to them.

Like the idea of bouncing the question back.

What’s YOUR tax affairs got to do with them■■?
The more I think about this, the more I smell an umbrella rat lurking

You maybe right as one of the first questions they asked was do I have an accountant, would have expect questions regarding licence categories and dcpc first

Sounds dodgy to me mate I don’t see why anyone should have to present credit history or statements to an employer, your not getting a washing machine off them on the monthly are you ? Haha

Like others have said steer clear bud, sounds well dodgy maybe bank account details for payments buts thats it no need to show balance or anything else, concerning how much you have or if you have overdraft non of there business.

At a guess I would say it’s because they have probably had drivers coming in & telling them they are properly set up when they aren’t. With HMRC sniffing around agencies, umbrellas & bogus S/E they are probably just covering their own backsides.

It might be worse than that.

Imagine if you’ve slightly overpaid your taxes so far this year… Ie you are due a rebate, and you have nothing to worry about:

Then some thieving suit realises that he can apply a fi fo fum fee to your invoice, and give you an apparent “tax reduction” that you are already entitled to direct from HMRC…

Imagine a £117.50 charge to refund you £200 worth of overpaid tax (from your previous account) that you’d get back after march 31st anyways… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

"You’re £82.50 better off in your takehome pay" they’ll tell you.

Your tax affairs are between you & the hmrc, nobody else. I’ve never been asked for that kind of information before, and your the first I’ve ever heard say it. Your current financial status is of no concern to anyone but you, I would refuse.

Dont do it Rambo!

Anyway I thought you employed them as your agent to source you work and that’s what they get their commission for

Speaking from the other side of the desk, there is no reason whatsoever that you should be asked for 2 months details of your accounts.

If you’re set up as a private LTD company - they wouldn’t need to credit check you anyway. You’re billing the agency, not vice versa. You’re never going to be in a position of owing them money.

Would’ve asked and subsequently walked. We take a fair amount of personal info as it is. They’d have to have an exceptional reason to be looking up your accounts and contacting your accountant. :open_mouth:

Have told them I’m not interested, going to look elsewhere, cheers for the advice lads :smiley: