Agency Question?

Quick question, l have been driving for Tesco through an Agency for the last 5 months, really enjoy it and had no problems whatsoever.

2 days last week and tomorrow l wasnt given a start time, l have rung the agency on every occasion just to check they hadnt forgotten me and been told that they hadnt got a slot for me on those days but l will be paid a standard 8 hour day. Fine by me means l can do the other million things l dont usually have time to do, just wondered is this normal practice?? Surely if it continues the agency may get a bit peed off with paying me when l am not working? :confused: Thanks

Wouldn’t mind a slice of that myself,I’ve had runs cancelled an hour before I’m supposed to start with my agency,they didn’t pay me a sausage,so bloody annoying. :imp:

I assume that Tesco require a fixed number of standby drivers to cover no shows etc. If that number is covered then Tesco pay the agency, who in turn pay you. Tesco cannot afford to have a shortfall of drivers and therefore happily pay for spares. You could get a call at the last minute to cover a sudden absence.

If they are happy to pay you then don’t be too upset about accepting it.

I am the same as james, jobs been cancelled 4 hours before I was due to start without pay, if the job got cancelled when I was on site, which did happen I was paid then, but cancelled before hand, not - you should tell us which agency it is I’ll sign up with them if they pay drivers for NOT working!!! some people get all the luck :cry:

No if youre bums not in the seat you dont get paid,

if your full time with agency
you are there fulltime employee, contract guarantees you 40 hours chill out.
but in that case if you were fulltime you wouldnt be sitting in the house.

dont trust an agency.

I’d look into this pretty carefully because Tesco sure as hell aren’t paying the agency. The Tesco sites I deal with reserve the right to cancel with a minimum of an hours notice, plus the Tesco midweek minimum shift is 6 hours not 8, certainly at the three sites I know (Dirft, Hinckley & Lichfield).

we only get a 6 hour minimum and dont get a bean if we arent working. tesco shifts have been few and far between these days and a lot of them are only 6 hours which isnt much use to any driver which is why so many are refusing to accept the shifts

scanny77:
we only get a 6 hour minimum and dont get a bean if we arent working. tesco shifts have been few and far between these days and a lot of them are only 6 hours which isnt much use to any driver which is why so many are refusing to accept the shifts

ritche grow up for years youved praised agenceys. :smiley:

only decent guy ive met,
but deluded, :smiley:
think about your self in 5 months time :question:
earn what u need in 5 months :smiley:
youre still a decent guy.