AGENCY Q U ERY

[hiya guys can anybody throw any light on this 1. in november last year i signed up 2 an agency went 4 an interview blabla they gave me a contract 2 sign had some good work thing is now the work has dried up HAVE THEY GOT 2 SUPPLY ME CONTRACTUAL HOURS BY LAW ? :question: :question:

laybyman:
[hiya guys can anybody throw any light on this 1. in november last year i signed up 2 an agency went 4 an interview blabla they gave me a contract 2 sign had some good work thing is now the work has dried up HAVE THEY GOT 2 SUPPLY ME CONTRACTUAL HOURS BY LAW ? :question: :question:

I think I have decoded your message - I, and many others, find the text type of writing very hard to follow :exclamation: :exclamation:

OK, to answer your query -

If you have a written contract that states the agency will give you so many hours a week then you have got them legally - but I doubt it as I don’t know of any that do so myself.

Let me tell you how agencies work -

They are salespeople (most of them) and it is their job to find their clients drivers when their clients need them.
It is not their job to find you work but they will want you to work for them when they need you.

thanks for that rog try and sort messages :blush: :blush:

It depends who you work for. My main agencies are Driver Hire and Manpower. Both are completely different.

Driver Hire’s contract is a “Contract for services” which means I am contracted to them for the services I provide, eg driving. They are not my employers and only act as my agent to find me assignments. They also have to make the correct deductions under PAYE from my earnings.

Manpower have employed me and as such are my employer. This contract is a “zero hours” contract, which means that they are under no obligation to provide me with work.