agency pissing me off

I am right in saying that if i drive a truck with a tacho 5 days per week then drive a 3.5 t van at the weekend for them. (we will call that week one)
week one constitues a reduced weekly rest because i drove the van which is classed as other work?? ye? then week 2 driving on tacho 5 days per week. so at the weekend i need my full 45 hours rest. plus a compensation day at the end of week 3■■ so they are trying to get me to work as a porter tomorrow. surely i need my 45 hours and working as a porter is deffinitely not rest. am I right or am i right. what gets on my goat is that when i signed up with the agency is that i had a tacho test and they said i had a better knowledge than some of their drivers that have been doing it 40 years. also don’t they have a duty to organise your work so that you get your rest periods and stuff. so why are they trying to tell me im an idiot every week when i say i cant work. the reply i get is " its only if you are driving a vehicle with a tacho in it". this agency have been good to me but this issue is seriously making me consider ■■■■■■■ off. please can someone with more brains than me confirm that i am right in what im saying? :blush:

You are correct.

The Weekly rest MUST adhered to.

I assume that driving the van at the weekend still allows you to get a 24 weeekly rest in ■■?

Compensation by the end of week 4 - by the end of the third week following the reduced weekly rest.

To be sure why not give the GURUs on here a day to day breakdown - EXAMPLE =

FULL WEEKLY REST
Mon 0600 - 1800 tacho
Tue 0600 - 1900 tacho
ditto Wed, Thu & Fri
Sat 0800 - 1200 non tacho
sun off
Mon 0600

you get the idea

yeah thats about right. i actually drove the van on sunday and got my 11 in before starting work on monday. its annoying to know im right because i feel that the agency should majke it their business to know the rules inside out and i must sound like a big head on the phone. but im just going to have to start pressing home my point harder in future

joedwyer1:
i actually drove the van on sunday

So you had Saturday off for a reduced weekly rest :slight_smile:

joedwyer1:
yeah thats about right. i actually drove the van on sunday and got my 11 in before starting work on monday. its annoying to know im right because i feel that the agency should majke it their business to know the rules inside out and i must sound like a big head on the phone. but im just going to have to start pressing home my point harder in future

hi mate i would suggest you send them an email with this link in it its the drivers hours book gv 262 2009 and then there can have a look at it to see what you are trying to tell them

transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/r … Europe.pdf