Agency parity pay advice

Ive been working for a company for over three months now through a well known national agency everythings all good apart from ive took a couple of paycuts since i started the final one putting me on parity pay with the employed drivers, i spoke to the agency to see if i can opt out of parity pay as i was better of before and they said its the law and cant opt out, i no its the law to offer me parity pay but can i opt out?? Thanks in advance

3stepsaheaduk:
Ive been working for a company for over three months now through a well known national agency everythings all good apart from ive took a couple of paycuts since i started the final one putting me on parity pay with the employed drivers, i spoke to the agency to see if i can opt out of parity pay as i was better of before and they said its the law and cant opt out, i no its the law to offer me parity pay but can i opt out?? Thanks in advance

You are being shafted, there is no provision to lower agency pay if they are paid more than regular employees, it only applies if they are paid less or do not have the same conditions of pay such as holiday pay. I will guarantee you that the agency still gets paid the same, they just found a willing victim in you and are paying you less.

I have never seen anyone since I have been in recruitment paid a lower rate due to ‘parity’. but I do think I have seen a thread or 2 on here regarding similar!

The exact figures are before parity 9.75 per hour weekdays 12ph Saturday 13 ph Sunday

Parity 9.82 for 44 hours then time and a half rarely do over 44

think they are pulling your pants down 3 steps sorry mate.

Are u sure u are not an employed driver ? After 12 weeks employer should offer u full employment.
You refuse . same thing will happen at 6 months
If this not the case and you have just had pay cuts …
Just leave ! Give a weeks notice and by end of week will be back on old pay rate

boredwivdrivin:
Are u sure u are not an employed driver ? After 12 weeks employer should offer u full employment.

Utter ■■■■■■■■. I suggest you go read up about the Agency Workers Regulations before you continue to post on this subject.

What Wheelnutt said was spot on. Tell the agency that they either put your money up or you’re going elsewhere as you’ve had a better offer even if you haven’t. Given you’ve been there 3 months the client is obviously keen to keep you.

Ive been at the company for 8 months they have offered me the full time job many times but i politely declined as i was not planning on staying this long and i prefer to choose my shifts. when i spoke to the agency about it i mentioned if i could leave and come back would it reset the clock but he said it wouldnt better start job hunting again

My maths must be ■■■■, I thought £9.82 was MORE than £9.75■■

Time + half after 44hrs is pretty good too, you don’t say if you got any enhanced rate, other than the ■■■■■ you’re getting for Saturday and Sunday.

You decide what you’ll work for, not the agency, if you don’t like the new rates then tell them, I’m not working for that, make it this or I’m offski…

Yes its more but you hardley ever do 44 hours i work Wednesday to sunday so the weekend rate would help me by 50 pound a week

Do you get any thing else such as more holidays ?

Yes 31 days holiday instead of 28 but i have to work to get them ie every week i work is 0.5 day holiday

You can opt out, it’s called getting a full time job and not lining the crooks pockets

3stepsaheaduk:
Yes 31 days holiday instead of 28 but i have to work to get them ie every week i work is 0.5 day holiday

That doesn’t add up. If every week is 0.5 days holiday and there’s 52 weeks in a year that works out at 26 days but it doesn’t even work out at that because you don’t accrue holiday when you’re on holiday so its more like 23/24 days or so you’d get at 0.5 days holiday per week.

They’re shafting you. Time to move on.

Thought so just a shame as its such an easy job finish by 2pm every day at the latest

Conor:

3stepsaheaduk:

That doesn’t add up. If every week is 0.5 days holiday and there’s 52 weeks in a year that works out at 26 days but it doesn’t even work out at that because you don’t accrue holiday when you’re on holiday so its more like 23/24 days or so you’d get at 0.5 days holiday per week.

They’re shafting you. Time to move on.

have to agree with conor on this one 3steps - and fyi the only way to reset the clock is to have a break of 6 weeks before you hit 13 weeks as once you have parity its tough.

Cheer up oconor
After 12 weeks you have option of going on books .
If company dont want yo do this then they can stop booking you
You have option to decline either scenario
I know agency drivers who only found out when they leave and find they have to give notice to employer not agency
Welcome to real world darlin

Meanwhile in La La land …

boredwivdrivin:
Cheer up oconor
After 12 weeks you have option of going on books .
If company dont want yo do this then they can stop booking you
You have option to decline either scenario
I know agency drivers who only found out when they leave and find they have to give notice to employer not agency
Welcome to real world darlin

After 2 weeks, you get the expensive gloves.
After 3 weeks, you get a used pair of scratched goggles.
After 12 weeks, you get [zb’d] off so the agency doesn’t have to pay you the full whack. That’s often the reality in Limpworld.

Nobody has to offer you a full-time job after 12 continuous weeks. Put your copy of the Beano down and wake up.