agency low pay

how can they get away paying only half of what the original firm pays their drivers .doing the same job with the same qualifications this should be stopped it is a form of slave labour .its just a pity all agency drivers dont have one union that puts an end to it what is the point in young people trying to be an lgv driver when the pay is so poor we were payed more 10yrs ago for christ sake

huggy:
how can they get away paying only half of what the original firm pays their drivers .doing the same job with the same qualifications this should be stopped it is a form of slave labour .its just a pity all agency drivers dont have one union that puts an end to it what is the point in young people trying to be an lgv driver when the pay is so poor we were payed more 10yrs ago for christ sake

Easy answer, get a job on the books.

on the books is a good answer but i only want a part time job due to having a heart attack recently.i think you have to take it easy for a while after this .i love driving i have done it for nearly 30yrs i still deserve a decent living wage for what i do. there are many like me who can no longer do 50hrs plus a week i wish i could but its not possible now .people forget these things. some agencies have good experienced drivers who deserve a wee break thats all

The problem is that there are too many drivers chasing a decreasing number of steering wheels.I dont think that the DCPC is going to make a great deal of difference .

There are some agencies about that pay more than the employed drivers.
I did some agency work when I first retired 9 years ago and one or two jobs paid more than the employed drivers,and the agency also paid me class one rate even if they only had class two work.
My lad has been doing some hospital supply work this last month through an agency,it’s only a 4 tonner,but it’s clean easy work,but has a digi tacho and requires an ADR.
The firms own drivers are on £7-00 an hour,my lad is on £7-50.Not a lot I know,but he’s been out of work for over two years so he’s gratefull.

mike68:

huggy:

Easy answer, get a job on the books.

Easier said than done, agencies have ■■■■■■ the job right up

Must be in a bad area, most agencies in the midlands pay on a par with the full timers, some winners some losers but not a lot in it generally.

Its what we voted for remember, we voted (well i don’t and never will but the sheep do) for parties who are commited to the EU, so we voted for a free for all immigration for every man and his dog to come here and work or just be kept, so we have the country and economy we voted for, just as it should be.

Remember this when you vote from now on.