Agency lies

Got a txt on friday confirming i was in said company this week monday-friday so i did my shift yesterday as normal. Gone back this morning to said company for 6.00am to be told i am not down for working today and when i’ve spoke to agency today its my fault and wont be getting paid for turning up because they always confirm for definetly every afternoon, but clearly stated on the txt friday mon-friday at said company and now they’ve phoned this afternoon offering work at another crap local company for tomorrow. Get me back full time this agency crap aint for me lol.

lgamston:
Got a txt on friday confirming i was in said company this week monday-friday so i did my shift yesterday as normal. Gone back this morning to said company for 6.00am to be told i am not down for working today and when i’ve spoke to agency today its my fault and wont be getting paid for turning up because they always confirm for definetly every afternoon, but clearly stated on the txt friday mon-friday at said company and now they’ve phoned this afternoon offering work at another crap local company for tomorrow. Get me back full time this agency crap aint for me lol.

They would let you think that you’re in all week to cover the no-shows that there client has. It is ■■■■■■■ disgusting. They all want ■■■■■■■ off.

lgamston:
this agency crap aint for me lol.

When the music stops …

I feel your pain,I think that every one who has done agency work have been there too.

Careful what you say, we appear to have a new forum sponsor! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

Surely Rikki’s post is in violation of the forum rules on advertising :slight_smile:

Anyone remember the driver in Wales…

Who went down to his agency and murdered the boss?

Evil8Beezle:

Well at least it will let them see that we are (mostly) all fully aware of what agencies really stand for, and the contempt that most of us rightly feel towards them.
The words ‘fire’ and ‘■■■■’ immediately spring to mind when agencies are mentioned to me.
If my opinion offends Rikki and the mods I apologise, but that is how it is in reality.
You will always get one or two on here defending them, because it works for them personally, that does not alter the fact that the vast majority of them are pure shysters and are responsible for a large part of the negative aspects of this industry and it’s decline over the years in conditions. :bulb:
So basically to put it in a nutshell…■■■■ em.

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

Well at least it will let them see that we are (mostly) all fully aware of what agencies really stand for, and the contempt that most of us rightly feel towards them.
The words ‘fire’ and ‘■■■■’ immediately spring to mind when agencies are mentioned to me.
If my opinion offends Rikki and the mods I apologise, but that is how it is in reality.
You will always get one or two on here defending them, because it works for them personally, that does not alter the fact that the vast majority of them are pure shysters and are responsible for a large part of the negative aspects of this industry and it’s decline over the years in conditions. :bulb:
So basically to put it in a nutshell…[zb] em.

I’m not sure I get your gist? Can you spell it out a little clearer please? :laughing:

I’ve not had a good experience with Pertemps, and as such I’d use the agencies I’ve had better experiences with first if I wanted a new limp.
And I agree, they as a whole I feel are responsible for all this zero hour contracts bollox… :imp:

Agencies will do anything they can to pay you as little as they can, deny you holiday pay and generally rip you off to boost their own coffers, at the drivers expense.

Tosses, all of them.

Dimlaith:
Agencies will do anything they can to pay you as little as they can, deny you holiday pay and generally rip you off to boost their own coffers, at the drivers expense.

Tosses, all of them.

Amen to that! The one I’m with “forgot” to pay me for the second week in a row!

Somehow I managed to forget to turn up this week aswell… :laughing:

What happened to having a proper job eh.

I can see this new sponsorship deal lasting …

Coat, hat… taxi

lgamston:
Got a txt on friday

Text to give work details ■■?!!! Dispicable way to treat people. The only text I received from my agency was “trying to get hold of you please call”
ALL work assignments were given over the phone to make sure that all details of the client and the duty times were understood and they would keep calling or leave texts to get hold of you, then if there were any alterations, again they would advise by phone.
Did go to a client once who had forgotten to tell the agency that I wasn’t needed and was sent home, got 4 hours pay, then went to another client later in the day.

peirre:
I can see this new sponsorship deal lasting …

Coat, hat… taxi

You beat me to it…

Let’s see how long the sponsor lasts (or maybe not??)…

Anyway, as for them ‘texting’ your work details…

What if you don’t (want to?) own a phone anymore…■■

My contract’s up in 30 days, and I’m sooo tempted to not renew my contract, or even change number / provider… :imp:

Sick of the junk calls these days…

Shows up as a normal number, be it land line or a mobile number - you answer it and you get either an automated ‘congratulations you’ve won…’, or ‘have you suffered an accident…?’ call… :imp:

As soon as HMRC come down (hopefully hard) on this ridiculous ’ LTD Co ’ farce, we will see less and less limpers.

Getting £13 an hour and then using legislation to minimise/avoid paying tax, what a joke.

pierrot 14:

lgamston:
Got a txt on friday

Text to give work details ■■?!!! Dispicable way to treat people. The only text I received from my agency was “trying to get hold of you please call”
ALL work assignments were given over the phone to make sure that all details of the client and the duty times were understood and they would keep calling or leave texts to get hold of you, then if there were any alterations, again they would advise by phone.
Did go to a client once who had forgotten to tell the agency that I wasn’t needed and was sent home, got 4 hours pay, then went to another client later in the day.

Texts are useful, gives you time to think whether you want to do a job or not before confirming/ refusing. Turn up for a job and get ‘what are you doing here?’ and simply show them the text, between them and the agency to sort out who got it wrong and whichever it was, I get 8 hours, don’t care which of them pays.

Vid:

pierrot 14:

lgamston:
Got a txt on friday

Texts are useful, gives you time to think whether you want to do a job or not before confirming/ refusing. Turn up for a job and get ‘what are you doing here?’ and simply show them the text, between them and the agency to sort out who got it wrong and whichever it was, I get 8 hours, don’t care which of them pays.

This is so true atleast you’ve got it there in black and white as proof plus it’s easier if they offer you a crap job just to reply “sorry not available thanks” lol

Agencies seem to forget that they need you more than you need them.

eagerbeaver:
As soon as HMRC come down (hopefully hard) on this ridiculous ’ LTD Co ’ farce, we will see less and less limpers.

Getting £13 an hour and then using legislation to minimise/avoid paying tax, what a joke.

Agree… the name ‘Pertemps’ I assume means ‘Permanent Temporary’ … in other words the agency and company you do work for are screwing you over just to bypass current legislation.

If drivers did not sign up to agency’s the agency’s would be knackered and would have to tow the line, but then again if that’s what happened the agency’s would not make any money
as company’s would have to hire direct