Agency Interview

What do people normally wear for agency interviews. I thought Id just be signing on but they call it an interview so is it shirt and tie or polo top and jeans? Its Driver Hire Leeds East BTW.

Cheers

Show em you can be smart. Wear A Stobart onesie :laughing:

Jeens an a t shirt is good enough just to show you can wash behind your ears

Not sure if you would call them interviews but I have visited a couple of agencies to sign on with them within the last couple of months, on both occasions it was very informal and mostly consisted of just filling in various bits of paper work, signing up contracts, providing NI number, contact details, banking details (for getting paid) and next of kin contact details, signing 48 hour waiver, stating preferred days of work and shifts, photo-copying driving licence, DQC, digital tacho card and a couple of forms of identification (passport, utility bill etc), supplying work history and two references. On both occasions I had to completing a short ‘test’ on drivers hours, road signs etc - so you might want to brush up on those before you go but don’t worry about the tests they were very easy multiple choice tests on really basic stuff.

Make sure you have all the details and document that they want to see with you, if they haven’t already told you what to bring with you it might be worth asking them before you set off as it might save you messing around getting the missing details to them afterwards.

Dress wise I would go smart casual, ditch the jeans but don’t go as far as a suit and tie.

Time wise I think the process took around about an hour to complete and it was not conducted in a tense ‘formal interview’ atmosphere, it was very laid back and relaxed - so chill. :sunglasses:

Unless it’s changed from when I went then its a form filling exercise and not an interview as you’d expect, I just went in jeans n t-shirt n got work

Whatever you’d normally wear on that day. It’s just to fill their forms in, they’ll not judge you on what you wear.

take a felt tip marker with you as they will naturally expect you to be filling in the form with one of their crayons which will elevate you to a immediate shift,and remember…if they ask you to fill in the questionnaire it don’t mean you’ve to go outside and assault the doorman.when I went in years ago,the guy in front of me said that a question fired at him was…who killed ■■■■ robin…he bolted as he thought it was a murder enquiry… :frowning:

Cheers guys cant wait to finally get started. I think ill sleep outside the place in my stobart onesie (pen in hand) till they open.

If the agency has clients with empty truck seats to fill they won’t particularly care what you look like, just as long as you appear to be legal and safe (documentation and licence). If you struggle with the test it is unlikely to be a big problem, as long as you aren’t making a complete horlicks of the whole thing.

Agencies get paid for supplying drivers. Prove that you’re a driver and not a monkey and you’ll probably be okay getting work…especially in the run up to Christmas.

ORC:
Prove that you’re a driver and not a monkey and you’ll probably be okay getting work

Where’s Contraflow when you want him! :smiley:
The tea drinking chimp! :laughing:

So long as you have a valid licence nothing much else matters. Bums on seats is the agency motto and that’s all you will ever be. If the " consultants" lips are moving then assume every word produced is a lie and you wont be disappointed.

Jwalsh8:
What do people normally wear for agency interviews. I thought Id just be signing on but they call it an interview so is it shirt and tie or polo top and jeans? Its Driver Hire Leeds East BTW.

Cheers

DONT DO IT THERE A BLOODY NIGHTMARE, WAIT TILL YOU GET YOUR FIRST WAGE PACKET AND YOU WILL SEE THEY HAVE CHARGED YOU A NICE £28 IN UMBRELLA FEES,YOUR PAYING THEM TO PAY YOU LOL

walking backwards ■■■■ naked bent over growling kiss my hairy starfish :grimacing: … should land you lead driver or assessor :laughing: