Agency gem

This came into my ears today.

A.n.other agency is now going to make drivers give 6 weeks notice if they decide to leave, even if they are going elsewhere.

Now if you were an employee of the agency on paye, then firstly, I would have thought that the statutory 1 week notice is all you would need to give, and if you were self employed, they have no right to ask you for ANY notice period and you can leave with a moments notice if you wish.

Oh how I laughed. :laughing:

Ken.

They can[zb] well dream on what planet they on!! they dont mind messing me around with no work then cancelling jobs at the last minute. If a permanent job came up for me i would leave and wouldent even tell them, when called me for work i would tell them what they could go end of…there all a bunch of [zb] [zb]seem more interested looking after or Eastern European Drivers than us British drivers.

I no when ive had no work the poles have been in there agy answer to this was they have been with us longer than yourself…lol so frickin what im british they should be sat at home not earning not me. It just dont make sense.

I’ve left agency’s twice on the day when offered a perm job. I explained that they’re only too happy to cancel work on me and ‘coincidently’ have something else with less money available or nothing at all when it suits. One wished me luck and one put the phone down on me…P45 was on my doorstep within a week :laughing:
■■■■ the agency they aren’t gonna pay you when work slows up like the new job that is offered will. I think if you’re good enough they’ll take you back if need be, agency’s find it hard to get grafters and they aren’t stupid. However I still say f’uck em :wink:

Haha, good luck to them!
I have only one ‘good’ agency that I’d consider giving perhaps a week notice but apart from that the rest can go ■■■■ themselves!

Trouble is Ken that the majority of drivers will agree to it.

Wasn’t there some kid on here a while back who wanted to take a full time job but his agency told him they wouldn’t let him do it, and so he didn’t? Crazy. I’ve never known any agency to show even an ounce of loyalty. They want it their way ALL the time, but yet of course always want “good drivers” and wonder why they have so many problems with driver retention… And this goes for private individuals that decide to leave mainstream agencies and set up on their own too… All of them are full of promises that they never deliver upon.

Btw, is this “gem” for the agency that I’m thinking of?

Driver agencies have 3 levels of priority.
1 — paranoia of other agencies.
2 — worrying about the customers needs.
3 — the drivers.

Rob K:

I’d rather not say.

Ken.

Quinny:

Rob K:

I’d rather not say.

Ken.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Can’t see how this is legal of the drivers are weekly paid; I note that it’s MMTM at the moment but I doubt if that will stop the agency knockers!

My take on this is, always give proper notice if you can. Two wrongs don’t make a right, it’s all very well thinking you’ve got one over on the boss/agency by dropping them in it, but in reality all you’ve done is given them something negative to remember you by when that new job doesn’t work out and you end up back at the agency. Then you’ll be wondering why other drivers are getting the work; it’s all very well saying what goes around etc. but that works both ways.

oddly enough i am giving my notice today ie ‘i dont work for you any more’
after this weekend they can go swing. i have had doubts about their professionalism anyway but when txt on saturday asking for clarification regarding my sunday start time gets the reply ‘hi, getting ready for a hen party will txt soon’ with no further communication regarding the shift change, its time to walk away. annoying things are everyday life but going on the ■■■■ when you are on call is not acceptable so i wont work with her which gives the manager a choice of who to get rid of and it wont be her so i am making the decision for him :imp:

I hope you have explained your reasons for telling them to “stick it where the sun shineth not” (and I don’t mean Bognor)… :smiling_imp: