AGENCY DRIVERS....

flying_fenman:
Not saying a staff can’t do damage to a truck - we all can.

But I am CERTAIN that one of our own blokes would have owned up to it.

Why would they when they can just blame it on an agency driver? :imp:

Lest we forget
WE ALL DO THE SAME JOB
no need to keep ranting on at each other,the joe public do that cos we cause congestion etc in towns,forget the fact we deliver ALL the goods they buy,all they want is to go shopping and not see a truck delivering. Remember way back weekend work was just not done ,stores had deliveries monday to friday but nowdays due to public demand and company greed we,us,you,me,staff/agency/casual drivers now lose our weekends so we can supply 24/7 .who’s fault is that!!!
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

i dont leave anything in the cab and i dont touch anyone elses belongings either. in fact i have even insisted that a satnav was removed from a cab before i took it out as i was aware that some previous agency drivers had broken them and i didnt want to risk having it in the cab as i wouldnt use it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

recently been doing tesco work and been sharing the same unit with a guy .on the first day i cleaned the not untidy cab and brushed the footwell out as i had 2 minutes before the bread lorry pulled off the bay in truro .left him a note saying cab was a credit to himself and i had fuelled it for him . the next day he left a note saying polish and cloths were in side locker so when i was waiting for the arse of a polish driver from magor to drop my 2nd trailer i polished the cab quickly it only takes 2 minutes . i wanted to make a impression as not had license more than 2 weeks and luckily had no dramas .but was told this morning that i was top of the list for the agency and a few of there own staff could learn a lesson as it is not only about driving .
several of tesco drivers do not like anyone else driving there units which is fair enough but we all have to gain experience somewhere .

got asked last week by agency driver if fuel gauge on new truck worked, wasnt my truck so went and looked , it was on red , in the end dipped tank, nearly empty, regular driver [ my mate] had left a 600 litre tank empty when he went on hol for week , then spent the week slagging the agency driver off to any one whod listen[ not me] when he got back as the agency driver had left it empty. :unamused:
as has been said above its a sight easier to work together than against each other, i think the only trouble with some agency drivers is they do like to tell you how there on 25ph and it doesnt always go down too well with the regulars who are on 7 ph :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Everyone in this thread has had something constructive to say about my post. Not you? You have to go on about my spelling…i gotta be honest i dont give a [zb] about my spelling or my grammar as long as u get the idea of what im trying to say. I might be slightly dyslexic however u spell that? Do u know…Mr brainy driver english teacher.

I treat Agency drivers with respect whether or not they leave my truck or anyone elses truck in a state or not. There still drivers and mostly decent blokes…anyway thanks for everyones replies it has shown me a good insight.

Not thanks for Conor for trying to look big and clever…it worked now i think ur an Ass.

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F

I’m an agency driver & leave cabs as I find them…IE…I tidy my own mess up…not anyone else’s…& more often than not…the cab is filthy in the first place with empty drinks containers etc etc…As for washing them…again…the trucks are usually dirty before I set out in them…so if the usuall driver can’t be bothered to get it washed…I’m [zb] if I will…I’m also a non smoker…the smells (& mess) I have to endure to make a living from those who want respect for their cabs but seem to have no respect themselves…well…they can go & swivel.

Personally…I have every respect for the vehicle & company I’m sent to…they are afterall paying my wage for that period…& I’d like to leave in a manner with which they’d want me back again…as said…don’t tar all with the same brush…especially when from my own experience agency drivers seem to be given trucks which resemble bins in the first place. (& if not bins…then clapped out heaps of junk).

Ok that’s my side of things…but I also know of agency drivers who don’t give a crap abut anything except banging in for their wages…therefore…don’t label all agency drivers as one…(I could do the same for the full time drivers I step in for!!!..)…If you’ve got a problem…take it up with the INDIVIDUAL!!! If you’re sloppy…you’re sloppy…regardless of your driving position…Nuff said!!!

Well put Aposhark…agree 100 percent…

(Small language edit. Simon)

I choose to work as agency driver.

The last thing I do every time is at least wipe down the dash etc and sweep the footwell. If there is a wash I will put the unit and trailer through.

As an agency driver my wages are based on me leaving a good impression - I leave my unit in as good if not better state than when I took it over.

Bad agency drivers - of course there are. Bad company drivers - need I say more.

The “company” drivers at DHL Godmanchester are not all saints. Had loads of dealings with you lot before back in the Securicor days. Pot, black and kettle spring to mind!

I spent the best part of 8 years of Agency, and am proud to say, a number of companies used to ask for me by name. Nuff said.

malone:
:oops:

I am guessing there are a lot of Agency drivers on this website…i am also guessing there are a lot of drivers here with full time jobs with there respective companies. What i wanna know is…do all Agency drivers have a complete lack of respect for the vehicles they drive when they come into out depots to do there days work. I have never ever seen an Agency driver use the vehicle wash at my depot [DHL Godmanchester]. I understand they dont know how it works etc…but all they need do is ask?

Im not having a go at Agency drivers just asking is there any decent ones out there? If so theres plenty of work at our depot as we have no end of [zb]s who cause damage leave the trucks in a right state…also most dont speak english?!

Just thought id post a little subject…please forgive me if this has been discussed i havent checked through the last few threads.

by Arla go you back,Fuel up,go throug washingstreet,empty the empties and wash Fridge out before you park.
at moment do i not wash each Day,as too cold in Night

I also have been on both sides of the fence,as both an employee,and currently an agency bod,and I also leave a truck the same way as I find it,and sometimes better.
I take pride in what I do,and I have been known to wash a truck with a jet wash,before I leave the premises,because I want it to appear presentable when I turn up at my customers customer.

I also use a staff drivers cloth and polish,if there are any in the cab,and sweep out where necessary,and I remove anything I have taken into the cab in the way of newspapers,sandwich wrappers and cups.

However,like many that have posted,if the cab is like a tip,and absolutely full of rubbish,I will leave it as I found it,but make a point of telling the traffic office of the state of it before I leave,so that I can’t be blamed for it.I don’t mind doing a little bit,but one thing I’m not paid to do,is clean other people’s crap up.

Ken.