agency drivers

Hi all
Question for all who works for an agency do you get paid a higher rate for working a bank holiday or not.
Thanks
Stu

Yes

Depends on what you and your agency can agree on really.

Short answer Yes

Normally yes… but not always, I find Sunday rate is paid.
Which is why a lot of clients will lay you off as they won’t pay a higher premium for a weekday. It used to be the norm to work all 8 bank holidays. But in recent years it’s becoming the norm to be laid off. As the staff drivers tend to suddenly decided to work the shifts that they normally wouldn’t have worked due to the higher premiums they get

The remaining 4 full timers left at our place get… Wait for it… £36 p/h for bank holidays! As you may guess they do like to get a 15 hour shift in on them days. We however get a tad less. :wink:

Yep double time

As said, seems to vary from one to another. I get paid through Maxipay on a flat weekday rate (£10ph) - although theres an unfathomable, occasional jump to £11ph, which ill shortly be seeking an explanation for. They seem to deliberately shroud their figures in mystery, which is why i dont trust any of them on any level. :confused: Consequently, i only do Mon-Fri despite regular, unsuccessful attempts to cajole me into w/end and night runs. I still rack up around 55-60hrs a week, and thats more than enough in my humble opinion. If they dont pay any extra, i aint doin em - simple as that. Theyll shaft you if they can. Just refuse if they dont put anything on the table. Theyll relent one fine day when theyre absolutely desperate, so i`ll just bide my time.
On the upside i suppose, i get every weekend and every bank holiday off!

Screw `em.

i get sunday rate for both friday and monday.

but that does not mean ive got any work yet as im still waiting.

Thanks all thats answered my question

the maoster:
The remaining 4 full timers left at our place get… Wait for it… £36 p/h for bank holidays! As you may guess they do like to get a 15 hour shift in on them days. We however get a tad less. :wink:

that is good £540 for one days work,and why not,get it while you can

Yes, Sunday rate. Years ago it used to be double time with some being triple time but those days are long gone.

Conor:
Yes, Sunday rate. Years ago it used to be double time with some being triple time but those days are long gone.

Not entirely. This time last year I was on flat rate 24/7 although to be fair, it wasn’t a bad rate. We got an extra £5 per hour for bank holidays (the other agency screwed their drivers last Easter and paid flat rate) Now I am on a different contract with a different agency and I now get double time for bank holidays

Ours get the following;

25 PENCE EXTRA PER HOUR IF HI VIZ IS NOT ON INSIDE OUT

15 PENCE EXTRA PER HOUR IF DEODORANT IS USED

15 PENCE EXTRA PER HOUR IF ENGLISH IS SPOKEN

10 PENCE EXTRA FOR EACH TOOTH MISSING

10 PENCE EXTRA FOR A LIMP

25 PENCE EXTRA IF SHAVED IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS

Hope this helps.

20P EXTRA FOR USING A LIDL CARRIER BAG
50P EXTRA FOR BEING POLISH AND WEARING 15 YEARS OUT OF DATE TRACKIES AND PSYCHEDELIC TRAINERS

Welcome funny guys lol