Agency driver stereotypes, it's true!

I always thought the hi-viz, Bluetooth wearing limping agency driver was one of those myths. Until I encountered one yesterday.
I’ve driven upto a building site to collect some kit. Had to stop short of the turning area to be loaded by the digger. Just as I started strapping down a 7.5t drives up behind me. Out stumbles… A hiviz(driver hire) Bluetooth wearing midget with the worse limp I’ve seen in years. I literally fell over laughing. Once I dusted myself down I said “if you wait a minute I’ll pull upto turning area and let you in”. He wasn’t interested. Off up site he hobbles clutching a crumpled delivery note and bookies pen. By time he comes back I’m turned around patiently waiting for him. He drops his tail lift and brings out a pallet of some sort. Struggles past his truck, up past my truck onto rough ground and spills half the pallet. At this point I’m past caring about getting out of site and just enjoying the show. No way was I helping sort his muck up. I was perfectly happy to get out the way and let him reverse right upto where his drop off was. He knew better and was in far too much of a hurry to wait for me. Just to top it all off he starts reversing off site and proceeds to dislodge five kerb stones as his front drivers side tyre is tight up against it the whole way.
Litterly made my week.

I now believe in the agency driver legends.

CraigM:
Until I encountered one yesterday.
Must be true then :unamused:
Litterly made my week.

I like compassion, really touches my heart strings :unamused: .

I also like those that think they know more - literally makes me smile :smiley:

■■■■ just got real

A 7.5 TONNER agency driver too. You hit the jackpot. Worth 100 points on top trumps. Get a pic?

James the cat:
A 7.5 TONNER agency driver too. You hit the jackpot. Worth 100 points on top trumps. Get a pic?

Front facing cameras would make for a good laugh as he reversed out of site. I don’t have access to them so can’t be a dash cam hero I’m afraid.

dri-diddly-iver:

CraigM:
Until I encountered one yesterday.
Must be true then :unamused:
Litterly made my week.

I like compassion, really touches my heart strings :unamused: .

I also like those that think they know more - literally makes me smile :smiley:

iPhone spell check doesn’t catch them all. Thanks for pointing that out though. Gold star for you. Although I don’t seem to recall stating anywhere that I “know more”. Infact only passing my class C last June I have a great deal to learn. It’s why I take my time and try and make things easy for myself and others. So for that point you loose that gold star and can have one up the chocolate starfish instead

Hell I posted twice due crap Internet. Now I’ve had to delete this post to avoid sounding like I’ve got some sort of stutter…

-------deleted------

CraigM:

James the cat:

Front facing cameras would make for a good laugh as he reversed out of site. I don’t have access to them so can’t be a dash cam hero I’m afraid.

Dash cams are for kids. You should’ve gone old school, whopped your phone camera out and and said “mate stop limping, I just wanna get a picture as never seen one of your kind in the wild, mind if I get one with me standing next to you??”

CraigM:
have a great deal to learn.

Selective editing I know but oh so true :smiley:

dri-diddly-iver:

CraigM:
have a great deal to learn.

Selective editing I know but oh so true :smiley:

My my. You really are the zany witty one on this forum. Hope you enjoy laughing at your posts, nobody else does.

As an agency driver this offends me.

I’ll have you know I’m a tall ripped and dirty hi-viz and boots, limping idiot. And I don’t have a bluetooth ear thing either. :L

htmldude:

I’ll have you know I’m a tall ripped and dirty hi-viz and boots, limping idiot. And I don’t have a bluetooth ear thing either. :L

Hey I did the agency on 7.5t myself for about a year. That’s why I thought it was a myth. First time I had the fortune to meet the myth so thought id share.

I’m intrigued as to why the bluetooth earpiece is the preserve of agency drivers alone. Do company drivers not need them?

Is there some sort of mechanical hands-free implant newly employed drivers get that makes the agency bluetooth earpiece obsolete? Or perhaps once employed a driver no longer has to communicate with anyone whilst driving.

ORC:
I’m intrigued as to why the bluetooth earpiece is the preserve of agency drivers alone. Do company drivers not need them?

Is there some sort of mechanical hands-free implant newly employed drivers get that makes the agency bluetooth earpiece obsolete? Or perhaps once employed a driver no longer has to communicate with anyone whilst driving.

They never got the memo that they look like tools with the earpiece in. Because lets face it, it’s so hard work to answer the call when you’re walking (limping) around. You know, answer the phone, put it to the ear. Maybe they like the “madonna singing microphone whilst dancing” look. Makes them look cooooool. Like airline pilot types with a headphone on.

CraigM:

htmldude:

Hey I did the agency on 7.5t myself for about a year. That’s why I thought it was a myth. First time I had the fortune to meet the myth so thought id share.

I did agency when I started all that time ago, drove a 7.5 tonner too! I love taking the ■■■■ out of myself. I became a famous class 1 God in the end. Now, I get asked for my autograph as I’m on class 1 and employed. Just sharing that to give the limpers something to aim for

I think this thread is going to rustle some jimmies.

CraigM:
My my. You really are the zany witty one on this forum. Hope you enjoy laughing at your posts, nobody else does.

Correct on the bold. I don’t think I’m too well liked on this forum but that’s ok - people tolerate me :wink:

It was just the blatant dig at agency drivers and (my opinion) trying to get on a bandwagon that niggled me in the first place :stuck_out_tongue: It’s ■■■■ up Friday and I’m having a quiet couple-ish :smiling_imp:

Useless information for you…

I got out of my truck today - hi vis on, bluetooth in my ear, and I walked with a limp!

Reason…I had arrived at site and needed to get out of my truck (Tata site hi-vis compulsory, also hard hat). I was on the phone to the wife ( :blush: not allowed on Tata site) and had to physically move some scrap that may have caused a puncture. The limp was temporary due to a small annoying stone that found its way inside my boot :imp:

Would that make me a full blown agency driver then?

How do you know he was an agency driver ?

tachograph:

he had a limp, :grimacing: with stobrat Irish driver hire! :laughing: we’re king to sue you for €5000+ for answering the iPhone on a weekend 45 hour rest period :sunglasses: Lolol :unamused:

tachograph:

The driver hire hiviz was the clue. Of course the vest might have been left by the last driver that had took the mirror covers off. :smiling_imp:

No I’m not jumping on any bandwagons. Had been reading some of the comments about agency recently then this prime specimen appeared on the same site as me. As I said, thought this was a myth until yesterday.