Agency Driver - Damaged Truck? Does the Agency Pay?

AndrewG:
Unless its done with the trailer too high/ tractor too low and the pin riding over the fifth wheel. Suppose if its not theirs they dont care :confused:

A driver did this when doing a trailer swap with me. I drive a 13 plate volvo him a 65 plate daf. didnt realise that due to the wheel sizes when we both dropped the trailer at ride height he couldnt reach it after lifting the air up all the way and i couldnt get under with it all the way down.

he cracked his air deflectors i bumped the rubbing plate with the 5th wheel and played greek buggery it had grease on now then laughed at him

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I doubt the cost would end up with the driver… most agencies state ‘must have 6 months/ 2 years recent experience for insurance purposes’. Those that don’t but take you on, I’d read the small print as said.

PAYE agency - they pay with their own liability insurance held upon their drivers on their books.

Ltd Agency - You’re responsbible for your own insurances, with “damaging a truck” seemingly being covered by the personal liability clauses in that policy.

I guess pranging up a truck isn’t the best time to be finding out you are actually on “Pseudo PAYE” then, where they call you self-employed, but have only been paying you PAYE lower levels of pay.

Still, you could always quit, and refuse to part with any cash - leaving that liar agency carrying the baby if it comes to that. :smiling_imp:

Winseer:
PAYE agency - they pay with their own liability insurance held upon their drivers on their books.

Ltd Agency - You’re responsbible for your own insurances, with “damaging a truck” seemingly being covered by the personal liability clauses in that policy.

I guess pranging up a truck isn’t the best time to be finding out you are actually on “Pseudo PAYE” then, where they call you self-employed, but have only been paying you PAYE lower levels of pay.

Still, you could always quit, and refuse to part with any cash - leaving that liar agency carrying the baby if it comes to that. :smiling_imp:

If that is a fact why would any haulers employ anyone direct
Would it not cut the overheads by employing agency with own insurances

If PAYE or umbrella have a very good look at the small print, more than likely you will find in there somewhere that you agree to damage deductions. That was one reason why I stopped doing agency.

No the driver pays pays for damage these days…
That’s what some drivers think and actually sign a contract stating it like idiots, :open_mouth:
A firm up here charges drivers the insurance excess every time the have a bump,
Absolute joke :confused:

yorkshire terrier:
No the driver pays pays for damage these days…
That’s what some drivers think and actually sign a contract stating it like idiots, :open_mouth:
A firm up here charges drivers the insurance excess every time the have a bump,
Absolute joke :confused:

A co. I used to work for used to charge for damage, but got round it by paying a “damage bonus” as part of the wage, which would be deduceted for x amount of weeks, following a driver fault accident/bump/etc.

About a week after this scheme was stopped, one of the drivers decided that a good way to air the trailer out (it had had waste bales in it so stunk :grimacing: ), would be to drive down to the docks with his curtains open…but failed to secure them properly, and his pole swung out…straight into an oncoming truck’s windscreen :open_mouth:

Conan…like they say…theres drivers…and theres screwdrivers…anyway theres no way that i would ever sign a document to agree payment of any damage, i rate myself as a very experienced driver, and so its not liable to happen…i dont lower my unit, and reverse under, just to fill the cat walk with grease…i do however use my mirrors, then i get out of the cab to look at the height…an old school habit, then adjust the suspension as needed…have never hit the back of a cab, and dont ever intend to, i leave that to the idiots, as there is absolutely no excuse to over shoot the pin…just laziness.

Juddian:

Shellshocker:

Juddian:
What??, a driver gets out and looks to see how the trailer pick up is going instead of ramming it back, on the mirrors alone, till it stops whether that be a crunch tinkle combination of both or the back of the cab caving in…

Hang on…NURSE more medication please, the :open_mouth: is too much

Yeah, mad I know. But I’m still young and fit, it’s not so much of a deal for me. I also replace my own bulbs. But I can see how for some weighing out the decision between the long climb out of a High Cab vs. damaging someone else’s equipment may be an obvious choice of, “[zb] it”.

Fits bulbs, get out to check hook up ok??

NNUUUURRRRRSSSSSEEE, for pities sake get me more medication.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

don’t tell me you check the fluid levels, even nurse’s best medication can’t cope with that :open_mouth:

Hold on to your butts, last night I had two bulbs go. A headlight bulb on a Scania and one on the trailer. Replaced them both using the tools the driver of the unit had in her locker. Then I collected her trailer on the way back in, fueled and adblued the unit up then parked it in a position so it was easy for her to get in and go in the morning. Even left a note to tell her I had used the last spare headlight bulb so she needed some more from the office. Who said camaraderie was dead?

Radar19:

Juddian:

Shellshocker:

Juddian:
What??, a driver gets out and looks to see how the trailer pick up is going instead of ramming it back, on the mirrors alone, till it stops whether that be a crunch tinkle combination of both or the back of the cab caving in…

Hang on…NURSE more medication please, the :open_mouth: is too much

Yeah, mad I know. But I’m still young and fit, it’s not so much of a deal for me. I also replace my own bulbs. But I can see how for some weighing out the decision between the long climb out of a High Cab vs. damaging someone else’s equipment may be an obvious choice of, “[zb] it”.

Fits bulbs, get out to check hook up ok??

NNUUUURRRRRSSSSSEEE, for pities sake get me more medication.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

don’t tell me you check the fluid levels, even nurse’s best medication can’t cope with that :open_mouth:

Hold on to your butts, last night I had two bulbs go. A headlight bulb on a Scania and one on the trailer. Replaced them both using the tools the driver of the unit had in her locker. Then I collected her trailer on the way back in, fueled and adblued the unit up then parked it in a position so it was easy for her to get in and go in the morning. Even left a note to tell her I had used the last spare headlight bulb so she needed some more from the office. Who said camaraderie was dead?

But the burning question is…

Is she fit? :grimacing: