Agency change to free up possible job?

I work for Driver Hire, there’s been plenty of work of late but it’s starting to dry up.
Is it worth changing ?
I asked the tipper company i’ve been working for, for a full time job but as i’m tied to this agency i feel they’re declining because of the legalities involved because they were quite keen to take me on when i first asked.
If i go to another agency where this company aren’t on their books will it make the transition any easier ?
i have had 1 day of work this week, i simply cannot pay my bills on that i may as well sign on !

No as its time you need not change of agency to go full time
As for work this time of year world should be your oyster
Where are you

mid lincolnshire, i heard it’s getting close to xmas so work slackens off, i 've only been driving 5 months

Acolyte:
mid lincolnshire, i heard it’s getting close to xmas so work slackens off, i 've only been driving 5 months

[emoji53] tipper may be but general haulage and multi drop won’t why not do that till after Christmas ?

it’s a job to get fulltime mate, i’ve rang over 20 companies, got two to ring tomorrow, cheers.

Acolyte:
Is it worth changing ?

Zb agency, go get yourself a full time job & don’t look back.

Acolyte:

Plenty of work on fridges if you’ve Class 1. Fowler Welch at Spalding are usually screaming out for drivers and stuffed full of agency on the run up to Xmas.

Parcel/pallet networks are also as busy as hell, usually banging on extra trunks from now until at least the end of January.

I predominantly do tippers and work does go a bit quieter in the winter months.

For me it is too much of a transition to go into a direct multiple customer facing role, (i.e. shops) but there a lot of trunking work about, especially for parcel companies etc right up till January.

Going direct with an employer is certainly a better option if you seeking more stable employment though, as agencies can’t guarantee nowt.

I started at a builders merchant (agency) about 3 weeks ago . basically I was given keys and told come back when it was empty and reload , so off I trots not sure what to expect especially as I don’t have the crane licence and I’m gonna have to ask the tele handler to unload me . some whinged ,some were ok and some sites had a policey whereas the load had to be taken off by their own forkies (h&s). any way after about a week I decided I like this job ,I’m gonna ask about full time and training for the crane . no chance !! agency /employer agreement they cant take me :frowning: so this week ive been taking my replacement on the round (a decent bloke as it happens ) showing him the better routes into places that I found the hard way etc . just the luck of the draw :frowning: but at least I now know that I like this kind of work if I see a job advertised elsewhere