agency at last

i have to go in and register with an agency tommorow at last what they going to ask me ■■? help clever people of truck net :smiley:

Hi Craigiej,

I would say that they will almost certainly get you to do practical test it will have questions that could include some of these.
Drivers hours
tachograph questions
vehicle checks
truck airline colours

have a go at the theory tests on the directgov site

direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017669

dont worry about it and good luck.

cheers mate !! im worried im not fantastic with the OLD TACHO THOUGH !! :blush:

when you say practical test what you mean ■■? :confused:

When I registered with agency just took driving licence details quick chat and a questioner on tacho drivers hours etc easy peasey !

Jx

It’s just an anti ■■■■■■ test. You know what a road sign I’d and won’t try to hump it. It’s basic questions. When I first signed wiyh an agency the answers were on the wall next to me…didn’t realise that till later however.

Was never checked and worked there a while now. Ive got such good banter with one agy that I wrote ‘yes please, now!!’ on the ‘■■■’ question when they sent me a form to update my details. Oh how mature I am!

Some will shaft you, some will become friends over a phone…

well hopefully mine is nice im bricking it mate !! should be ok with road signs i hope :blush: its in the centre of glasgow , im just hoping i get a little work i only want a few days :smiley:

Most agencies will give you a test on drivers hours rules, road signs and also a basic UK geography test with a map of the UK and 10 names and you have to put the right names to the right place. Usually they’re obvious such as Liverpool, London, Birmingham, Felixstowe but Portsmouth, Southampton and Plymouth catch people out as they get them in the wrong order but I think as long as agencies see you know they’re on the south coast you’re OK.

craigiej:
i have to go in and register with an agency tommorow at last what they going to ask me ■■? help clever people of truck net :smiley:

Good Luck m8, So you got a foot in, just read the driving hours, tacho, possible availability as well m8, thats what was in my questions, only thing i wasnt expecting them and hadn’t read a book since my practical 3 months earlier. so was squeaky bum time, but you’ve got a night to read up. GOOD LUCK !!! who’s the agency m8 ?

craigiej:
well hopefully mine is nice im bricking it mate !! should be ok with road signs i hope :blush: its in the centre of glasgow , im just hoping i get a little work i only want a few days :smiley:

Manpower?