agency advice

Hi just passed my C+E yesterday 1st oct im with an agency at the min but its quiet this week can anyone recommend any other good agencys based around leicester or east coast? ( my Dad lives in mablethorpe) as i reall want to get some hours under my belt and im sat here twiddling my thumbs lol , any help would be appreciated :smiley:

Is there an ADR near you they seem to be every where lately.

madcabby:
im sat here twiddling my thumbs lol ,

That there is the problem then.

Get up off it & get out & about looking for it. On the journey between every agency listed in the book you should be visiting the reception of any business premises that even look remotely like they use a lorry.

Only bad things ever come looking for you, the good things you have to go & find.

Chas:

madcabby:
im sat here twiddling my thumbs lol ,

That there is the problem then.

Get up off it & get out & about looking for it. On the journey between every agency listed in the book you should be visiting the reception of any business premises that even look remotely like they use a lorry.

Only bad things ever come looking for you, the good things you have to go & find.

funny i thought the same so im out and about tomorrow cheers for help guys

Hi Madcabby,

I went through similar when I first passed my C+E not knowing where to find work or how to go about it.

I personally went and signed up with as many agencies as I could. Make sure when you call ask what are there policies with newly qualified and the likelihood of you getting some work. (There are more than a few agencies that will sign you up but won’t use you because of the lack of experience).

I’d also consider doing some class 2 for a bit as some companies run C and C+E and if you can make your face a familiar one in the transport office it might help some.

Also if offered work from an agency don’t take it for granted that they have told the prospective company you don’t have a couple of years under your belt, confirm with the agency they have told them before you leave out. A month after passing my C+E I got a call for a run with a company 25 miles from where I live, arrived on schedule ready to go and when I handed my licence over to be scanned was told they couldn’t use me as I didn’t have the experience and sent me home. Apparently they agency had not told them I was newly qualified.

I’d also consider agencies that neighbour the city you live in especially if they are bigger, if your willing to travel up to 25 miles for work pm me as i stayed with the first agency that gave me my break and they still have a contract with the company who gave me my first C+E run with zero experience.

Daddy P.