Agencies

So I’m quite new here on the forums and a young driver too (Age 22)

I have my provisional at the moment and will be having my weeks training and test within the next month, then I will have my Class C license and C+E will follow in the next 12 month I think as I don’t have the funds for both.

Im quite an organised person, I’m from Broadway in the Cotswolds, I do have a fair amount of local haulage firms, but I will be trying agency work to beign with until I have some experience and I’m able to get a full time, permanent job.

My question to all you guys, is where do I find the agencies? Tried googling it… but to no avail.

Are there national agencies? How do I go about finding local agencies? And why are agency guys so frowned upon?

Any advice / Help is greatly appreciated and anybody within my local area can PM with any info.

Try looking on for hgv jobs on direct.gov website, loads of agencies on there, they usually describe jobs as ongoing contracts etc. take a note of the names and google them, then give them a call. also try rapido jobs. usually quite a few on there.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply, I will give that a go. But are there not local agents? Or national?
Would going to the local council be an option or not many jobs with them?

Well i just checked, and nearest to you is Cotswold driving services ltd but they are in gloucs, most agencies are regional as they pick up work from nearest sources.

Can’t really give you advice nor recommendations on local agencies specifically but some of the biggest include Manpower, Blue Arrow and Reed. Having a look at a couple of job boards you should probably look up the following…

Bristol:
Logik Recruitment (Sarah Hazard)
Nationwide Driver Supply

Evesham:
Premiere People
Pro-Drive Recruitment

Cheltenham:
Honestly tons here, Adecco is probably known to you.
Re_Personnel

Your best bet is to give them a call (all of their contact details are Google’able) and if they can’t help you, ask them to refer you to other agencies. Unfortunately you’re going to have a lot of trouble being a new driver with insurance issues (be surprised if you haven’t come across them already) and in some cases it will be much better approaching companies direct. Best of luck.

Thank you for the details of agencies.

I have been reading about jobs and alot are saying 23 - 25 years old +. BUT I have seen and read the stories of people younger than myself and my age being able to get jobs in the industry. So keeping my fingers crossed and will drive anything and do anything for the experience.