Agencies

Hi all

Anyone point me in the direct of a few decent agencies in the south… prefer near Guildford…haven’t driven a truck for a while been out the loop and need to get back into the saddle… Don’t mind if its a shift here and there for a couple of months

Guildford Driver Hire (office is in Farnborough) is quite good - pay middling (£9.50/hr for class 2) but friendly people and a few decent jobs. There’s one in the centre of Guildford called Halmer - I went into their office last Monday to register but have heard nothing since.

Chears IndigoJo

Surprised at response numbers… but I’ll give these a look and see what they can offer… just using agency as a stepping stone to get back to work

plenty at Heathrow if thats not too far away for you

Kinell! 9:50 for class two!? I’m getting that for class one!

It’s the multidrop deliveries that are paying well for C2 all over the south of England right now.

Who wants it though? P&H, Bidvest, Brakes, 3663 - are always looking to recruit C2 (but not C1!) it seems.

Read the t ands c’s very carefully with the agencies :wink: especially driver hire

Easy way to find a local agency. Sit by the side of the road and watch. The next truck that comes along with a driver wearing his hi-viz inside out, follow him for a mile. If he mounts a kerb or cleans a road sign out, when he stops, ask him which agency he works for.

Shandy123:

There’s a branch of Driver Hire in north London which pays that for class 1 – I kept with a weekly class 1 booking until two weeks ago even though it paid less than agencies south of the river pay for class 2.

Their class 2 rate is £8.25/hr and last year I was doing a job for them which paid £10.25/hr for class 2 (it’s a flat day/night rate, which works out well if you only ever do days). One day they asked me to “do them a favour” and cover another job (a warehouse removal) because another of their drivers could drive but not lift, or some such thing. I did them the ‘favour’ and discovered I’d been paid £2/hr less than I’d have done if I’d refused. And they wonder why I won’t commute north of the river for their rates.

eagerbeaver:
Easy way to find a local agency. Sit by the side of the road and watch. The next truck that comes along with a driver wearing his hi-viz inside out, follow him for a mile. If he mounts a kerb or cleans a road sign out, when he stops, ask him which agency he works for.

Yawn.

ChunkyChunk:
Hi all

Anyone point me in the direct of a few decent agencies in the south… prefer near Guildford…haven’t driven a truck for a while been out the loop and need to get back into the saddle… Don’t mind if its a shift here and there for a couple of months

Visit PERTEMPS

pertemps.co.uk/apps/pertemps … bVacancies?SearchView&job-type=&sector=&advkeyword=hgv%20driver&advlocation=London%2C%20UK&salary=Annual&records-per-page=25&order-by=(webVacancies)&query=(%5BForm%5D%3D%22Vacancy%22)and(%5BSF%5Dcontains%22hgv%22)and(%5BSF%5Dcontains%22driver%22)and(%5BGEO_LATITUDE_NUM%5D%3C%3D51.71155773260288%20AND%20%5BGEO_LATITUDE_NUM%5D%3E%3D51.302224675641895%20AND%20%5BGEO_LONGITUDE_NUM%5D%3C%3D0.20255553124627568%20AND%20%5BGEO_LONGITUDE_NUM%5D%3E%3D-0.45511790921341344)and(((%5BWebSalary%5D%3E%3D0))%20OR%20(%5BWebSalary%5D%3D0))&searchOrder=4&start=1&count=25&salarymin=0&distance=20&salarymax=100000&searchWV=true

SweetJesus! What’s happened to this page? It’s gone very wide with unreadable writing on it!

Pertemps in Camberley. Speak to Cliff. He supplies to Biffa in Farnham and they are always looking for drivers. He also supplies to CLEAN in Camberley and they are always on the lookout as well. You could try Quicktemps. They have loads of work at the moment. Also try JARK in Reading. Very good guys and good rates. Have worked through Halmer as well doing Warburtons. Not bad work if you like the look of bread and very early starts. Be wary of doing DHD in Cranleigh. Is a pig of a job and will be maxing hours all the time. That will only be 7.5t work though but all the agencies seem to have that contract on the go. Halmer seem to have the best rates for it though if you feel you want to go that way.

Thanks Sub_Tone

Thread seemed to have gone a tad dead until you got here…lol… Thanks for pointing me in a direction of sorts, really looking for something where repetitive lifting is kept to the minimum so I’m trying to say away from multi drops…hand balling jobs like Brakes…3663…Bidvest

Speak to Pertemps and try and get onto Biffa. No handballing on skips or RoRo. But very dirty smelly work so be warned!!!

Shandy123:

cause your a ■■■ innit :laughing:

I’m with Halmer and getting 4-5 days a week at the moment with them.

Maria is the lady in the office I speak to. If you have any questions about them or further info then DM me.

If you have your class 1 and over 23 with 2 years+ on your class one give Rapier a call, they go into Waitrose in Bracknell and Sainsburys at Basingstoke

Rob

mozzy666:

Shandy123:

cause your a ■■■ innit :laughing:

U think? Seems pretty good for west Yorks?
Given what stobbies pay, and I was in Hallmark last week and they are on £8 ph!!!

eagerbeaver:

best thing is he now works for stobrats the biggest downwards/backwards step in transport you can get.