Agencies picking up again

Seems things have picked up early this year.

Working agency while looking for a full time position and I’m starting to have to turn work down and getting to pick and choose the best jobs again.

Normally another month or so before it gets to this stage.

Is it picking up elsewhere?

Easter is early that Year?

Now they have to do anything as MOODY’s saying to downgrade Britain from AAA if nothing is happening

just found that
inflation in the UK fell to 3.6% in January, down from 4.2%
bbc.co.uk/news/business-17025863

yes,its getting busier.im now on 3 days a week wereas before i was only getting 2.

Only started driving commercially this time last year, planned to take Feb off as we’re lambing, so far turned down work the last couple of weeks and got 1 shift tonight, possibly 4 shifts this week. My arrangement with the agency is that times like this (lambing, silage, harvest) call me if he’s stuck and I’ll cover the work if I can, so I’m assuming the other drivers are busy as well.

With 8 Agencies down here and sweet ■■■■■ all. They are all dead quiet. Had no work in 5 weeks.

The main Agency on our Site is busy,but the Contract Agency quiet

Massive differences in the various areas of the country.
We still quiet up here N/Yorks/Durham.
Got 4 days this week mind, probably because of the half term.

The test will be how March pans out. Ive Agencied for 4 years now and turned down jobs because I prefer it. But Im starting to think, if March doesn`t get better I might look for a job!! :cry:

Even though I have fultime job I still here from the two im registered with giving me two sunday shifts a month and always asking me to do more.

Agency im with some how managed to convince me to do days. Said ill b flat out for a while on an mod contract if i like

il let you know next week as its my first week back after being ill.

dinosteveus1:
With 8 Agencies down here and sweet ■■■■■ all. They are all dead quiet. Had no work in 5 weeks.

I had a day last Week :exclamation:

Immigrant:
Easter is early that Year?

Now they have to do anything as MOODY’s saying to downgrade Britain from AAA if nothing is happening

just found that
inflation in the UK fell to 3.6% in January, down from 4.2%
bbc.co.uk/news/business-17025863

Moodys are probably not buying Osbourne’s flannel about “reducing the deficit” when he’s systematically borrowed more extra dosh than even labour since being in office… Every month more new borrowings, and more than they expected. Yet here we are nearly 2 years into this government, and they’re still moaning about the “debt mess” they inherited from Labour…

Reducing the deficit means paying back debts like the rest of us have to. Cutting the pay of those at the top, especially removing expense accounts outright would have achieved this already, but Osbourne works for all his rich business chums, and not the plebs that elected him alas. Talk about ■■■■■■■■ on your own doorstep and asking for paper! :open_mouth:

Don’t ask where all the money went that’s already been clawed back from the public cuts… It didn’t go to paying off any debt, so I can only assume its gone into some pockets unaffiliated with the public interest. :frowning:

I am signed up to Indeed Jobs boards and took a look today. They all seem to be coming out of the woodwork. And there are actually REAL employers on there too. It seems things are picking up in general :slight_smile:

dar1976:
I am signed up to Indeed Jobs boards and took a look today. They all seem to be coming out of the woodwork. And there are actually REAL employers on there too. It seems things are picking up in general :slight_smile:

Just had a look, same Agency BS ads in Suffolk:-
indeed.co.uk/?r=us

I must just be lucky then. Looked in Bristol and North Somerset and found loads

just been booked up for thurs, fri,sat…iv`e already done mon,tue…this is my first 5 dayer since xmas…could be due to half term hols though :question:
possibly back down to 2/3 days next week :bulb:

Just been confirmed, on all week. 21:00 clock on, Gretna to Newcastle under Lyme, drop and swap (45) up to Carnforth tip, back to Gretna.

Just out of curiosity how long does you reckon to do that run. Bearing in mind the unit and trailer didn’t arrive at the depot until 21.50 and I didn’t get the unit keys until 22:00, what time do you reckon I should get back to base.

I had an agency guy with me Monday who I hadn’t met before, he wasn’t from our normal agency as they were short of drivers that night so had subbed it out to another agency in Watford. It was his first time in our place and he was telling me he had done only one 4 day week since Christmas and the rest were the full 5 or 6 days but whereas he was taking whatever he was offered at the start of the year, in the last couple of weeks he had been able to pick and choose from 2 or 3 different jobs/firms for each shift.