Agencies N East

Spoke to two agencies about getting some work once I’ve done my CPC. I’m registered as self employed as I’ve got my own business (not driving), one agency says I’ve got to be paid through my current business bank account and another agency says I’ve got to use an umbrella company to be paid through into my personal bank. Know I’ve got to do the self employed tax man returns - well the accountant has to.
As I’ve got no experience driving in “civvie street” (ex squaddie) which is where I got my licences I’m more than happy to do the agency thing to get the experience firstly Cat C ( to get to grips with driving commercialy, drivers hours tacos etc) before moving on to C+E.
What I don’t want though is to be taken for a ride, for those that have been there or are there using agencies- advice please.

Forgot to mention I’m not a Ltd Company but a Sole Trader.

Cheers

You can be paid as self employed on agency btu you may have to set up another company if it is a separate business

You dont have to go through an umbrella company if you dont want when I use agency I go through PAYE as you can they dont always like it

Would be a totally separate business to what I’m doing now, didn’t think I could use PAYE as I’m already self employed

DSR:
Would be a totally separate business to what I’m doing now, didn’t think I could use PAYE as I’m already self employed

Would check but might have to set up another company but think you can be sole trader & be payed PAYE some people do this

Could some one please let me know what agencies in the north east have what company contracts?

Cheers

Most companies use ore than 1 agency they have a preferred then work dow a list

Would it not be easier to go Ltd co.? Then put non-driving + driving work through that all as one?

parkus:
Would it not be easier to go Ltd co.? Then put non-driving + driving work through that all as one?

Will have to speak to the accountant that I’m currently using and get his thoughts on what would be financially best.