Agencies in Sheffield? who to use and not to

I have recently moved to south Yorkshire and getting calls from various agencies but who is the best to go with and who should I avoid?

I’ve always got on ok with Able, but not done any work for them for 3 years

why an agency? theres plenty of work round this area?

i used hughes recruitment in wakefield they got me a lot of work before i got a full time job all the work was sheffield area too.

try forde same as all the others realy some good weeks some bad weeks :smiley:

Dazza1980:
why an agency? theres plenty of work round this area?

If your willing to work for up to £8/hr :unamused:

The OP might help us to help him if he tells us:
Which side of Sheffield he’s located.
What type of work he’s looking for.
What cat licence he has.
How far he’s willing to travel to site.
Does he want day shifts, or night shifts.

Nightshifts aren’t legal for agency. So I’d stick to rec members. Plenty of cowboys tho

i think s.harrison and sons are looking for scammell highwayman drivers :wink:

mercury:
Nightshifts aren’t legal for agency?

Says who!

mercury:
Nightshifts aren’t legal for agency. So I’d stick to rec members. Plenty of cowboys tho

EH? all my shifts involve night work :unamused:

There’s good money if u break regs. If the shop steward hears about it he’ll miss his tee time. Mobile night workers must be employed.most make you go self employed to by pass this regulation.and your holidays sick pay etc. The funny thing is they still try and stop breaks off Ltd self employed drivers.management are having your cake and eating it

mercury:
There’s good money if u break regs. If the shop steward hears about it he’ll miss his tee time. Mobile night workers must be employed.most make you go self employed to by pass this regulation.and your holidays sick pay etc. The funny thing is they still try and stop breaks off Ltd self employed drivers.management are having your cake and eating it

I’ve checked ‘Guidance on the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005’ that smells like canteen BS to me unless it’s a local ‘company’ agreement.

Check again. And tell drivers whether breaks should be stopped for Ltd drivers. Mobile worker regulations. Night working.like I say rules mean nothing. Profit profit profit

mercury:
Nightshifts aren’t legal for agency

This is what I’m taking issue with.

If agency drivers weren’t legal to do night work then there’d be a lot of stuff not being moved especially in the parcel sector, like RM, Fedex, DPD, Yodel, DHL, Hermes…all of whom move most of their stuff overnight for next day delivery.

Employ them payholidays sickness and meeting legal responsibility not to force employees to break heathland safety.if. Few. Very fewoperators cans agents work in collaborationwith unions and management to bypass regulation. Not asintended enforce it. Doesnthappen in othertrades to the same level.so I state unions gave consistently failedtruckers

Train managers

You’ve admitted big unionised companies can’t operate within the law. My point exactly. Germans can

I wanted the freedom and not be tied down to full time commitment so I went with someones suggestion of Forde recruitment. Found them really good. been doing agencies for a long time and these have impressed me. Offerering cash for refer a friend. Who was it who suggested them to me? appreciate all the replies. Any body out of work or who wants some odd days?

Forde where historically never the best payers. But they tend to only work certain sides of town. However if the work they do have is local to you, then it’s a bonus.

mercury:
You’ve admitted big unionised companies can’t operate within the law. My point exactly. Germans can

isnt dhl owned by Deutsche post - ie german? they do agency nightshifts.

depending on what licence the op has Pertemps do royal mail, next etc in the area.