Agencies in Preston

Ok guys, things really not working out at the moment and I know its the wrong time of year, but can anyone give me a heads up on agencys around the Preston area? Who’s good? who to avoid? I can’t really afford trial and error. Quite happy to travel to Wigan, Skem, Haydock.

Who does Asda?, Sainsburys?

Thanks

try works solutions for work round preston skem and chorley there well in with norberts on buckshaw. asda only use h+g but its a 7hr unpaid assessment day in asda skem. sainsbury used be top gear when i worked there a few year back but ive been told drivers direct are in there now and taskmaster in wigan always seem to have work mainly haydock warrington areas though.

I believe GAP are good payers, but the rates arn’t the best.
But why agency?

What kind of work do you want? Who have you tried already? And where abouts are living? Not just cause i’m nosy! But that used to be my area before I moved over the pond. There is a firm not far from Preston that advertised for a driver a day or so ago, Tramping on bulk. PM me if you want. i’ll help you out if I can. :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was in ASDA for a while with Gj driving based in Springfield Wigan not sure if he still going. He was good with me and very flexible. I Have another contact no. also its in my old files somewhere if you pm me your email or mob no , will send you . been way from lorries for a bit now.

PB

H&G (based in Oldham) have the ASDA depots and the Tesco widnes depot. DP Steadman has bits & pieces in them depots too. Recruitment shed in Wigan seem to be doing alright in them depots too, i think they also have the brewery up at Salmesbury.

Try David Meloy at Acorn Recruitment Preston.

Angela:
What kind of work do you want? Who have you tried already? And where abouts are living? Not just cause i’m nosy! But that used to be my area before I moved over the pond. There is a firm not far from Preston that advertised for a driver a day or so ago, Tramping son bulk. PM me if you want. i’ll help you out if I can. :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m not really interested in tramping, tried it and not for me (lost my marriage cos of it) so only interested in day work. All the day work around at the moment seems to be agencies. Also want to go Ltd co because the ex is putting the screws on with the CSA so it would not be worth my while being an “employee”

I’ve not got the best references either.

Driver hire dropped me when I said I was going Ltd and I dropped another agency (T&G recruitment) when they kepy booking me then mucking me around/cancelling me. So at the minute I’m with Drivers Direct Leyland. (nothing so far)

I’m gonna ■■■■ it up and do the H&R assessment at Asda Skem next monday and I’m also looking at ADR network.

I used to work for Agency Drivers Northwest. They are based out of wigan. They were always pretty good with me. Used to do a lot of work for them with Roadferry (Leyland) and for Wincanton/Heinz (wigan). Give them a bell. I was with them from the very beginning, Small family firm. Or at least they were. There website says they’ve got a Blackburn office aswell now. Worth a call. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I used to meet a lot of drivers who worked for best connection, they all seemed fairly happy with what they were getting.
GOOD LUCK. :smiley: :smiley:

Semtex:
Asda Skem next monday

Just a heads up about Asda Skem work, it’s usually very early starts (1 till 4am) and you will only get 8 hours work.

Kerbdog:

Semtex:
Asda Skem next monday

Just a heads up about Asda Skem work, it’s usually very early starts (1 till 4am) and you will only get 8 hours work.

8 hours, I can live with that

1am-4am starts…well thats me ■■■■■■ then, don’t get on with those sort of times, already tried it.

They do have later starts which are around 13:00 to 1700 hours if that is better for you

will have to see what they say on monday, I’m after days really…mon to fri.

5am, 6am 7am 8am sort of starts

Semtex:
will have to see what they say on monday, I’m after days really…mon to fri.

5am, 6am 7am 8am sort of starts

Not easy to get on supermarket work.

Angela:
I used to work for Agency Drivers Northwest. They are based out of wigan. They were always pretty good with me. Used to do a lot of work for them with Roadferry (Leyland) and for Wincanton/Heinz (wigan). Give them a bell. I was with them from the very beginning, Small family firm. Or at least they were. There website says they’ve got a Blackburn office aswell now. Worth a call. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I used to meet a lot of drivers who worked for best connection, they all seemed fairly happy with what they were getting.
GOOD LUCK. :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the kind words Angela. We haven’t got a Blackburn office anymore but still cover a large client base all over the Northwest. Office in Wigan and the kettle is always on! We don’t try to shoehorn drivers into work they don’t want to do. We try to place drivers in the work they do want to do! (Makes my job a lot easier!!!) Agencies tend to get a bad rap in the industry but our clients and drivers always seem to remember the positive experience they get from our team, as you obviously have :smiley: Martin, Agency Drivers Northwest.

If you have a digi card and can show your last 28 days of work, then try waitrose near bamber bridge.
Excellent rates, so i here.
They are desperate for drivers, or at least they were a couple of weeks back.

Best agency has got to be ABS…ask for Glen,