Agencies and cancelled work.... Will I still get some money?

Hi all,

This week I’ve had the majority of my agency work cancelled at the last minute.
My question to all if you is would you still get paid or at least get a percentage of pay if the work is cancelled by the client??

I’m guessing no?? But my other half said “all that forum”

Thanks

The Agency has a contract with the Client.
You have a contract with the Agency.

What does your contact with the Agency say?

If the Agency doesn`t pay you because they cancel at the last minute, maybe look for a better one.

If the Agency doesn`t get paid by the Client?
That is nothing to do with you. That is a business risk for them.

Franglais:

If the Agency doesn`t pay you because they cancel at the last minute, maybe look for a better one.

My contract says the following

“there may be periods when there is no work available to you. In this
regard, you will be employed by the Company during any period when you are not on assignment.
Accordingly, you agree that you will hold yourself available to accept suitable offers of work”

I’m not the wiser but that could mean some form of payment might be due.

saintryan:

Franglais:

My contract says the following

“there may be periods when there is no work available to you. In this
regard, you will be employed by the Company during any period when you are not on assignment.
Accordingly, you agree that you will hold yourself available to accept suitable offers of work”

I’m not the wiser but that could mean some form of payment might be due.

If I had signed to say I would be turning down work from elsewhere, to hold myself available for work that might, or might not exist, I would certainly want recompense for it. many sign on with multiple agencies.

When you sign on for an agency there will be reams of paperwork, and, especially if its your first job(?), youll be overwhelmed by it all. You wont know what to expect or what to look for. It aint easy.
Talk to the agency. Ask them.
See what the score is, then with your new perspective, either you will be reassured, or if not, talk to another agency if you don`t get the answers you want.

I think the same as you… The work was booked in advance and cancelled on the day… I couldn’t realistically get any other work even if I wanted too. I even have text message proof of that.

I’m going to just submit my timesheet as “cancelled work” and see what happens.

I’m on with a second agency but their work doesn’t pay as much.

I have found in the past, if the agency cancels you more than 2hrs before your shift starts, that is classed as ok. Less than 2hrs they give you 4hrs pay.

I have been a full-time agency driver for 15 years now and luckily I haven’t had that problem for years. Maybe for you it maybe time to have a change of agency, it depends what area you come from if there is a demand for drivers.