Agencies advertising temp jobs as permanent

Wasted another 10mins + cost of phone call responding to yet another agency advertising temp work as a permanent vacancy. Me signing up with you & then you flogging my availability to your prospects IS NOT A PERMANENT VACANCY.

As a seasoned agency driver I know what questions to ask but some drivers out there may be wasting their time attending interviews & even booking time off to do it.

This one looked right up my street with my name written all over it but yet again, the slimy lizard collapses after 3 questions & admits he’s just trying to build a driver portfolio.

This is “The Driver Shortage” in a nutshell!!!
Agencies are all the vacancies available!!

it pretty much is in my area. agencies tryin to build up a portfolio of drivers, no permanent jobs.

just more proof that agencies should be closely watched if not that then close them down all together, i would say ony a small% of agencies actually get hgv work the rest just enjoying lying about it. many a man lose a job and automatically we think agency but this is far to often a complete waste of time and usually money, personally i have never enjoyed the relationship between driver and agency i carnt stomach the bull they churn out, but some people need them so there must be a use for them just not for me

see manpower aint bad if you do well at royal mail and get to know the right people etc, as youll never be out of the place, janurary is a bad month with them, but where isnt. RM pay a decent enough amount (up here anyway) you get holidays with manpower aswell (mostly saved up for janurary though in my case)

there is a few things that get on my nerves with them thoughb but its just trivial stuff like phoning at 9/10am after youve just finished a nightshift, etc etc

never had a problem with wages or them lying about work etc

It’s the same ol’ recycled situation come Jan - Easter each year.
Drivers moan about the BS churned out by the agencies.
The agencies dangle the bait, knowing there’s no work.
But the drivers still go thru the motions and take the bait, only to find disappointment in the end.

Let’s face it, it’s the annual bleak season. Everywhere is slack, if your ain’t got your feet under the table with a larger “national” agency. Who will provide you with a regular amount of work, then you’ll have to sit tight and ride it out until thing pick up