does age have a effect on job prospects ,not 20,s no experience , I’m thinking late 50 ,s , ta

Not in truck driving. Average age of truck drivers a few years go in a study was 55. So if you’re not getting a job it isn’t because of that. If you write application letters and fill in applications forms like you post on here it is more likely to be the lack of any demonstration of literacy that is causing you an issue. You said you struggled with the paperwork at Currys, bad news for you is more and more companies are going like that especially the better paying and better to work for.

Conor:
Not in truck driving. Average age of truck drivers a few years go in a study was 55. So if you’re not getting a job it isn’t because of that. If you write application letters and fill in applications forms like you post on here it is more likely to be the lack of any demonstration of literacy that is causing you an issue. You said you struggled with the paperwork at Currys, bad news for you is more and more companies are going like that especially the better paying and better to work for.

If you’re going to sledge someone’s punctuation, you’d better double check your own…

Not for driving. I’m 59, haven’t driven for six months. Went job hunting today, had an interview and assessment and start Monday. What was my main job is totally different. Contract just finished, years of experience, excellent references, can’t even get an interview. Too old

I am sixty six and having to turn down some offers (of driving work).

alamcculloch:
I am sixty six and having to turn down some offers (of driving work).

I’ll be 66 in January, and if it wasn’t that I’m out every day in my own lorry, I would have no shortage of offers of driving work. Full time or part time.

dozy:
does age have a effect on job prospects ,not 20,s no experience , I’m thinking late 50 ,s , ta

Age with experience no difference they are in big demand
It might help if you didn’t put on your cv that you need to be home at a certain time on a Friday for your stake dinner