Age Discrimination

I find the idea that employers must not discriminate regarding age ridiculous because it is impossible to police.Everybody knows it goes on,employers might not be able to ask your age on an application form but it is easy enough to deduce from your work history.No employer has to give you a reason as to why your application has been successful or not.I think an employer ought to be able to recruit for whatever age group they wish,that way when you applied for a job you knew you fitted more of the criteria rather than never knowing why your application went straight in the bin.The world’s not fair so it’s no use pretending it is.

Drivings got to be the worst job to get with age unless you find someone willing to take you on and pay that tad extra on insurance for you. I was the same when I passed 2 years ago (23 Y.O), people used the excuse of too young, insurance wouldn’t touch me etc etc. Told come back when your 25 or with a min of 2 years experience, which too me isn’t fair as I could have sat on my arse for 2 years, never drove but went back to some of these companies I had drove or Tom, ■■■■ & Harry and gained that experience. Also I find with a lot of smaller companies thats its more who you know than what you know, so sometimes age doesn’t matter, so if your face doesn’t fit theres no job.