Aftermath of holidays

LIBERTY_GUY:
I always leave trucks in no worse state than when I get into them. The ‘regular’ driver is no doubt taken aback sometimes when they can see the dashboard and the dials again, courtesy of the temp driver knowing how to use a duster. :wink:

Same here. Thankfully there’s only a handful of permanent drivers who don’t take care of their motors where I’m at with the agency but even then they usually wash the outside. I always have microfibre cloth in my Tesco carrier bag to give the dash a quick wipe over at the end of a shift.

I do need to find some wipes for cleaning glass though. Virtually every wagon you get into has a fine film of grease on the inside of the windscreen, even the new ones we have.

dozy:

merc0447:
This forum is turning into the life and times of dolly dozy :laughing:

We’ll be getting the holiday snaps next :unamused:

If I knew how to id post the 2 pics that I took of the busted patio chair on our balcony, according to the receptionist its a regular occurrence, patio chairs breaking , what I haven’t got is any pics of me ending up in a big heap on the floor, apparently I’ve bruised my cocksic( or some bone at the top of my ■■■( and it’s still painful a week on ,Im not very PCs savy but I’ll see if I can get someone to show me how you post pics up.
Rest was just your normal ■■■■■■ up Brit abroad(fully inclusive it just has to be done :exclamation: :angry:

No its OK Dozy, pics of your ■■■■ sics are not required, though maybe some of our posters would like them via pm… :smiling_imp:

Conor:

LIBERTY_GUY:
I do need to find some wipes for cleaning glass though. Virtually every wagon you get into has a fine film of grease on the inside of the windscreen, even the new ones we have.

You can get some "window lean " do some not cheap mind I bought some in Morrison’s bit like wet wipes not as good as he spray but do work ok have used them on my mirrors of the cab & the windows inside

Didn"t realise there are that many owner drivers about.
My truck this,My truck that.

Suedehead:
Didn"t realise there are that many owner drivers about.
My truck this,My truck that.

Waaheeey!! At last, where have you been??

It’s took 23 posts before we got the predictive regular old comment from the dayman/nightman/agency driver, …you know, the old chestnut of ‘‘It aint YOUR truck, it belongs to the company’’ :unamused: ( well a variation of it anyway) even Conor has been on and resisted the temptation ffs :smiley:

Let me explain.
A tramper fully realises the truck he has been allocated, is NOT in real terms… his (believe it or not :bulb: ) and it has to earn revenue when he is off. #trampers aint stupid

However it does not give some ■■■■ , licence to ■■■■ it up for the regular driver when he is off, and expect same regular driver to clean up his ■■■■ after him :bulb:

I leave all my stuff in,but packed away…as i can understand another driver won’t want to work around my stuff.

My gaffer says MY truck is MINE and when I’m off, it will only be used in extreme circumstances!! My last holiday, it was used for 14 KM when the gaffer who actually bought it used it to take a trailer for MOT :imp: He did leave it as it was left though :wink:

It’s a figure of speech ffs, stop being pedantic with stupid things, and move on :unamused: Not really necessary! and boring!

There are a lot of fools in this world and top of the list is truck drivers and thinking that they own the truck when the truth be told they couldn’t afford to put water in it. you go on holidays and expect to get truck back the same as you left it that just shows you the fools that drive trucks, its my home for fives days and im going on holiday and I don’t want anybody to touch it while I am away (■■■ holes) of course its understandable when most of them work for buttons and all they have is being told by the boss is that is your truck and it gives them some macho thing like look at me I have a big truck and I drive everywhere (fools)

nightline:
There are a lot of fools in this world and top of the list is truck drivers and thinking that they own the truck when the truth be told they couldn’t afford to put water in it. you go on holidays and expect to get truck back the same as you left it that just shows you the fools that drive trucks, its my home for fives days and im going on holiday and I don’t want anybody to touch it while I am away (■■■ holes) of course its understandable when most of them work for buttons and all they have is being told by the boss is that is your truck and it gives them some macho thing like look at me I have a big truck and I drive everywhere (fools)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You appear to have a hate of truck drivers mate, were you dropped on the head by one as a baby, or did one ■■■■ off with your Mrs or something…or you could just be agency :bulb:
Never mind mate, soon be Christmas so the phone call will come soon :laughing:

I kept a lot of stuff in my XF when I was driving for Premier Logistics and allocated the same unit all the time and kicked off when a can of dash polish got “removed” and a certain night driver kept removing the steering wheel cover (it was on for a reason!!!), now I drive for Yusen Logistics and they are all fleet trucks I don’t have that worry about stuff being nicked as I keep what I need of my own stuff in my non plastic, non Aldi, rucksack :wink: :laughing:

nightline:
There are a lot of fools in this world

(■■■ holes)

Ironic that this poster calls lorry drives fools but he uses the American spelling of ■■■■■■■■■ thereby making himself look like a fool.

His post came off like he felt he was better than a lorry drive. Presumably because he makes more money. Well I figure I make more than 99.9% on here but I am not better then these guys I am the same. In fact I would love to join there ranks if I could.

I don’t own my work laptop but it is assigned to me and is mine while I work for the company. Of course I don’t leave my computer at work while on holiday, so that is different.

As I said :unamused: it’s a figure of speech! Put Johns truck at the side of Daves is easier than put PL57 OKE at the side of PL58 KOL. (random plates)

Nightline…have a read of the signature at the bottom of my posts, it’s for people just like you! :laughing:

Lesson here is don’t leave anything of your in your cab when away. Ignore people who say “leave a map, spare this and that for the driver” no don’t. If they need it they can bloody well provide their own. They know what the job entails if they don’t go work for Pertemps.

BigBulldog:

nightline:
There are a lot of fools in this world

(■■■ holes)

Ironic that this poster calls lorry drives fools but he uses the American spelling of [zb] thereby making himself look like a fool.

No it wasn’t just the ‘■■■ hole’ crack (see what I did there :smiley: ) he made a prick of himself long before that comment.

The whole post was filled with disproportinate irrational anger and bile. :open_mouth:
Definitely something deep seated going on there, it sounded more like somewhere between a breakdown and a ■■■■■■ suicide note. :open_mouth:
Or maybe it was just a joint effort post between him and Jack Daniels :smiley:

Anyway it appears that he thinks it’s reasonable to make as much mess and ■■■■ as he wants, and downright unreasonable for the regular driver to protest about it, because the motor does not belong to him.
And WE are the…"■■■ holes’'■■

:laughing: Didn’t realise you knew him that well :wink:

dri-diddly-iver:
:lol: Didn’t realise you knew him that well :wink:

:laughing: Yeh right. :smiley:
No I just got a bit ■■■■■■■ seeing as most of the comments that he objected to were previously made by me. So presumably the fools, ■■■ holes :smiley: , and all the rest of his drivel was aimed at me, that’s all.

I don’t think it was a suicide note, we’re not that lucky :smiley:

robroy:
I am off this week, I am well known in the co for being both ott and ocd (yeh, I know and for other things… before anybody jumps :smiley: ) when it comes to my cab interior.

When I first started with this firm, I came back to a complete [zb] tip of a motor. I seriously kicked off, chucked my toys out of the pram, and took 2 hours to clean it instead of setting off with my loaded trailer.
So from then I have had no problems for last 5 years or so, as my boss knows the score, and is good enough to ensure some skanky 2at does not drive it.

I asked who was going on it, and it is a day man who is a sensible and clean sort of a guy, so I do have the boss to thank again,… and will do.

I took stuff out like bedding, kettle, and valuables and left the rest in.
I also left him a note to tell him to leave it as clean and tidy for me as I left it for him. I will go in on Sun to check, if it is a mess (which I doubt) I will do the same and sort it in co time on Tues when I start back, but doubt (and hope) if it will come to that again.
It is all about the same old thing, standing up for yourself. :bulb:
I recall the ‘note’ thing was discussed on here before, and a few agency types got ■■■■■ about it, but [zb] it, the truck is my home for longer in the year than my actual home is.
If I stayed in somebody’s home I would have the decency, good manners, and upbringing to respect it.

agree with what you say,i have been agency and I allways say I will keep the vehicle in the condition I find it,i don’t take any items out the cab,i expect the same when in full time work as I am now,its only right,unfortunately some scroats don’t think the same way

do you find that when you come back after a week or twos holiday you cant get back into it for about a week,particularly when reversing your wagon,for the first week its total ■■■■ ups for me

I inherited a clean wagon, had a week off and came back to find it full of old work sheets, footprints on the door panels dust and dirt everywhere. I complained and was pretty much called ocd. I cleaned the cab and was told off for time wasting. That was in March, I haven’t touched it since except essentials like windows and lights. I don’t wash it and have had complaints from other drivers who now avoid driving my vehicle wherever possible.
I’ve been told that I will be bypassed for a new one (good as my unit has had it’s adblue system turned off due to constant faults :smiley: ) because I don’t look after my current one.