Aftermarket body parts

Do any of you lads/lasses buy aftermarket parts off the internet? If so give me a few addresses please! Ive managed to lose my nearside mirror back whilst taking evasive action from an oncoming 8 wheeler on the A338 north of Salisbury today!!

Cheers.
Matt.

Email this company - they manufacture aftermarket mirrors for most makes- and ask them for their dealer nearest to you:

unitruck.com/contact.php?leng=1

xfmatt:
Do any of you lads/lasses buy aftermarket parts off the internet? If so give me a few addresses please! Ive managed to lose my nearside mirror back whilst taking evasive action from an oncoming 8 wheeler on the A338 north of Salisbury today!!

Cheers.
Matt.

not me, I let the boss man buy em

I find unitruck mirrors to be a bit cheap and nasty. For Volvo parts I use amipart, presume they do daf parts too. They are of a good quality.

green456:

xfmatt:

Cheers.
Matt.

not me, I let the boss man buy em

Unfortunately I am ‘the boss man!’

Agree with what said about Unitruck parts. A ok as long as you drive an old Iveco Cargo, or a JCB.

Nowhere else has such a comprehensive range if you’re working on all makes of truck all the time. Also if you’ve got a head compatible with their cheap backs it is buttons to replace mirror backs if you buy them in bulk and preferable to bolting big chequer plate guards on that increase drag.

xfmatt:

Cheers.
Matt.

Not like an 8 wheeler to be driving like a ■■■■■

Bet the part that carries the load didn’t tip up did it :unamused:

NewLad:

xfmatt:

Cheers.
Matt.

Not like an 8 wheeler to be driving like a [zb].

Bet the part that carries the load didn’t tip up did it :unamused:

No comment!!

H S ATEC at knottingley are a good bunch :wink:

Burke and Hare up in Edinburgh are a good source of aftermarket body parts.

That was quite a misleading thread title. I don’t know that I’m more upset it didn’t have the content i was expecting or that i clicked on it to see that content.

m1cks:
That was quite a misleading thread title. I don’t know that I’m more upset it didn’t have the content i was expecting or that i clicked on it to see that content.

That shop on the a1 northbound at barnsdale bar ,do a few bits and bobs,is that what you was thinking m1cks :question: :wink: :wink:

“Burke and Hare up in Edinburgh are a good source of aftermarket body parts”

:smiley: :smiley: well at least I got it!!!

Hiya…phew. reading the headline (aftermarket body parts wanted)i thought you needed a kidney or something.

John

3300John:
Hiya…phew. reading the headline (aftermarket body parts wanted)i thought you needed a kidney or something.

John

I was thinking more along the lines of a “■■■■ job” … shows how my mind works :laughing: :laughing:

Once you get ur new mirror back i would invest in a pair of stainless steel mirror gaurds. Daf mirror backs dnt take much of a knock to oblitarate em.

scotstrucker:
Once you get ur new mirror back i would invest in a pair of stainless steel mirror gaurds. Daf mirror backs dnt take much of a knock to oblitarate em.

I see round my way all skip and tippers have these fitted i wonder why :laughing:

Last main mirror back i bought for a daf set me back 40 quid