aec

Dennis Javelin:

ERF-NGC-European:

Dennis Javelin:
I don’t know if this has been posted before but does anyone have info on this strange looking AEC?

Looks like an AEC Mogul to me. The most surprising thing about that picture is that it’s on UK plates as this was normally an export model. It was probably owned by AEC and undergoing tests! Below is a picture of a trans-European work Mogul in Belgium posted earlier in the thread by Gingerfold:

Thanks

Dennis, The 6 wheeler was called the Majestic.

majestic.PNG

Not quite a badge engineered Scammell Contractor, but I’ll wager there’s a fair bit of commonality.

Majestic with Israel cab.

NMP

Looks like an adapted Matador.

Re04f064bd17610fcbf91d54d8ff673ef.jpg

NMP

A couple of photos i’ve found on the net the first an AEC works Marshall the second a north east Mercury

Swedish 8x2 AEC.

Very good looking! The cab seems quite similar to another Swedish AEC or Leyland recently posted on another thread; but it was a bonneted 6x4 tractor.

AEC Mustang with Gray and Adams fridge box.
Oily

This is one of Smiles for Miles Waiting for a paint & livery job, This photo was taken at their depot in Blucher, Regards Larry.

ramone:
A couple of photos i’ve found on the net the first an AEC works Marshall the second a north east Mercury

Hi Ramone, that’s me getting into that Mercury, the load is construction machinery from Liner Concrete Gateshead. The factory was on the Felling Bypass roughly where McDonald’s is today. I wish I still had that much hair now :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: regards Kev.

Found this ont dark side,nice photo of a V8 Mandator of Nestle.
It’s listed in Graham Edge’s V8 book as belonging to Motor Services,anybody know if that was Nestle’s transport service ?

kevmac47:

ramone:

Hi Ramone, that’s me getting into that Mercury, the load is construction machinery from Liner Concrete Gateshead. The factory was on the Felling Bypass roughly where McDonald’s is today. I wish I still had that much hair now :confused: :confused: :unamused: :unamused: regards Kev.

That needs to be on the roping and sheeting thread as well, what an evil load to have to secure. It looks like there are three to a row on the roll.

Chris Webb:
It’s listed in Graham Edge’s V8 book as belonging to Motor Services,anybody know if that was Nestle’s transport service ?

Yes Chris “Motor Services” was Nestles name for their transport division who were based at Hayes ! and what a rum outfit they were to ! Just to give you a flavour of how they operated------ they would trunk loads ( on flats) all over the UK between their factories but each time a loaded trailer was dropped the Driver removed his ropes from the load then the Driver who picked it up for it’s next “move” had to rope it up it again !! I kid you not !! So a trailer could be re-roped a few times between leaving and arriving as the Nestles Drivers never had nights out. Things changed a bit when they went over to Tautliners eh! :unamused: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

cav551:

kevmac47:

ramone:

That needs to be on the roping and sheeting thread as well, what an evil load to have to secure. It looks like there are three to a row on the roll.

Actually Cav as I recall they weren’t a bad load to carry, it was quite a long job to secure as every thing was tied on individually, but they all had wedges nailed in around the wheels, and a lot of the smaller portab!e mixers had legs on the inboard side. The larger pugmills were chained down, as were the four wheeler mixers and Dumper trucks. We occasionally had to sheet over them, the “gaffer” had a sideline dealing in polythene bags, he would fill the dumper skips with packaged bags! Getting them delivered free gratis , and still charging his customers for the privilege. Regards Kev.

Hiya,
Kev mi’ old mate don’t worry about the hair modern day guys
pay to have their heads shaved from a full head of hair to a
baldy me included just think how much you save having to
buy combs and shampoo Oh not forgetting that stuff is it
conditioner, my bonce costs me about ten pence of leccy
about once a month to fire up the clippers and thats it. Oh’
and if this post has anything at all to do with with the great
dependable AEC I’ll eat hay with a donkey, keep it shining.

harry_gill:
Hiya,
Kev mi’ old mate don’t worry about the hair modern day guys
pay to have their heads shaved from a full head of hair to a
baldy me included just think how much you save having to
buy combs and shampoo Oh not forgetting that stuff is it
conditioner, my bonce costs me about ten pence of leccy
about once a month to fire up the clippers and thats it. Oh’
and if this post has anything at all to do with with the great
dependable AEC I’ll eat hay with a donkey, keep it shining.

Good to have back on form Harry. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Regards Kev.

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

Yes Chris “Motor Services” was Nestles name for their transport division who were based at Hayes ! and what a rum outfit they were to ! Just to give you a flavour of how they operated------ they would trunk loads ( on flats) all over the UK between their factories but each time a loaded trailer was dropped the Driver removed his ropes from the load then the Driver who picked it up for it’s next “move” had to rope it up it again !! I kid you not !! So a trailer could be re-roped a few times between leaving and arriving as the Nestles Drivers never had nights out. Things changed a bit when they went over to Tautliners eh! :unamused: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Morning Dennis,thanks for the info,they had a factory at either Ashbourne or Uttoxeter I think.
What a bloody strange thing to ask drivers to do,nowt so queer as folk is there. :smiley:
How are you by the way,all jabbed up and fit and healthy?

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

Morning Dennis,thanks for the info,they had a factory at either Ashbourne or Uttoxeter I think.
What a bloody strange thing to ask drivers to do,nowt so queer as folk is there. :smiley:

Ashbourne it was Chris, next door to the old railway station site I think, all gone now!
Elke’s biscuits are in Uttoxeter, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

Ashbourne it was Chris, next door to the old railway station site I think, all gone now!
Elke’s biscuits are in Uttoxeter, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks Pete,aye,Elkes Biscuits at Uttchiter lol. We had a day shift collection for Littlewoods from there.