AEC or Leyland Bison Ergo cab - parts wanted - PLEASE HELP?!

Hi all,

Are there any cab parts lurking in anybodies stores for the old Ergomatic cabs?.
AEC or Leyland - I am trying to revive an old AEC Mandator and never thought I would struggle so much with the cab parts!. If anybody knows of any cab doors, wings, front panels, windscreen seal…in fact anything AEC or Bison / Buffalo really, please get in touch.

i posted an ergomatic cab on here last week that was for sale on ebay,but it was abroad but looked in good nick

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … :middle:uk
be quick only 5 hours left

There was 3 Eargo cabs for sale at Gaydon, 1 was particularly good having already been worked on, the other pair would probably made 1 good cab. Think they were ex- fuel tanker items, but alas, i dont know who was selling them!

Thanks both of you for your replies.

The cab on eBay was in Malta and the seller was apparently rather cagey about how much shipping would cost (he estimated about £1000 I am told 3rd hand) and exactly how good it was. Sandblasting is not an ideal way of cleaning steel panels due to the distortion - as I have previously found to my cost!. It was removed from the auction before the end of the sale in any rate.

I don’t actually need a complete cab, just the bolt on panels. I was fortunate enough to get an exceptionally good cab shell from an old RAF tanker, but I do not have the doors, wings or front panels - or chrome bumper!.

The Cabs at Gaydon were owned by a guy called Neil. Two were on display and only one was actually for sale, and that was provisionally sold before the show. He could not help with panels either!.

So, the search continues - there must be some bits lurking in the cobwebs in Haulage yards. Thousands of these cabs were in service through the 70’s and 80’s, and I still see all sorts of obscure truck parts lying around on my travels!.

Have you tried the AEC Society web site? they may be able to help you out.

try and contact do it sideways (Steve taylor) through this website
he had a few aecs parts laying about!!

ERF:
Hi all,

Are there any cab parts lurking in anybodies stores for the old Ergomatic cabs?.
AEC or Leyland - I am trying to revive an old AEC Mandator and never thought I would struggle so much with the cab parts!. If anybody knows of any cab doors, wings, front panels, windscreen seal…in fact anything AEC or Bison / Buffalo really, please get in touch.

I know im a bit late but if you are still looking try Ergo man on the AEC Society web site in the advertising section his number is 07974 570426

Hiya , if you go to E bay at the moment and itemize regal bus there is a leyland beaver also for sale its a tilt cab
with a windscreen it may have some bits as it was to be scraped if not sold.I think it was Hull area.
John

I generally don’t know what I’m on about and this is no exception, is this the type of cab you’re looking for?

IMGP2672.JPG

Glenn R:
I generally don’t know what I’m on about and this is no exception, is this the type of cab you’re looking for?

Wow Glenn, and there was me thinking I would only ever find knackered ones…!!
…but yes, that is an Ergomatic.

Hiya …quick look on E bay theres a Ergo cab complete no rot £2600 its in Malta. They will deliver to Daganham for
i would think another £200. they droped one off for a pal of mine IICR £300 to Chester area.
.If you contact the chap selling the cab he will fix you up with anything (Theres plenty out there)
you want.if theres a cab out there that needs work he will do it before shipping.
just ask him if he knows of anything you need.I think he’s doing a F88 cab soon.
I do know him and he speakes good English even if his gramma/typing is as good as mine.
John

3300John:
Hiya …quick look on E bay theres a Ergo cab complete no rot £2600 its in Malta. They will deliver to Daganham for
i would think another £200. they droped one off for a pal of mine IICR £300 to Chester area.
.If you contact the chap selling the cab he will fix you up with anything (Theres plenty out there)
you want.if theres a cab out there that needs work he will do it before shipping.
just ask him if he knows of anything you need.I think he’s doing a F88 cab soon.
I do know him and he speakes good English even if his gramma/typing is as good as mine.
John

Thanks John. I have heard bad things about this guys opinion of ‘rust free’ though.
I know of a guy that bought some Ergo doors and front panels off him supposidly in rust free condition, only to find they had all been (badly) welded up and filled when they arrived!. Bit of a gamble at that price for a cab. I know the well known ‘Ergo’ resto guys over here won’t touch him now.
How did your pal get on with him?.

Hiya …if you mean Neil James i was with him in Malta talking to the guy.we was at that truck show earlier this year.
i suppose if you want things to be as new youll have to pay Did,nt a Albion cab rasied £12,500 in that auction 2/3 years ago.
i also know of a chap who spent over £25,00 having a cab rebuilt.I know it sounds quite expensive but you,ll struggle to get
one else where.and like new impossible.You may get lucky and buy a army refuler with a good cab but that ,ll set you back
10K for the motor.Try offering the chap £2,000 delivered or less.The chap has seen the commercial mags and knows he has
a market for s/hand cabs as ours have all rotted.Theres a dutch chap doing F88 cabs at £5,000 with no interior.
People have always laughed at the ERF/Foden and Atki so called crap cabs but they last longer than the mechanics don,t they.
John