AEC AV 505

G’day Fellas,
I’m helping a mate out with his '67 Ergo Marshall on the weekend and one of the things we’re doing is changing the engine oil. Can anyone please tell me the oil capacity of an AV 505 please?
Cheers Jamie

No idea mate best bet is to try the AEC society web site or google AEC society
good luck
bill

G’day,
Thanks for the reply mate,yeah no worries I’ll figger it out. I only really wanted to know so that I could take the right amount of oil with me. I’ll just fill up a couple of 20 ltr containers and work it out.
He’s a pic of the old banger taken a couple years ago when it was still working,she used to pull a trailer and the whole lot would be loaded with wool bales. The bloke who owns it now is a mate of mine. The plan is to keep it pretty much in ‘as found’ condition. I’m giving him a had to put it through it’s test and to give it a bit of a birthday. It spent most of it’s life on a South Island high country sheep station and I’ve noticed that quite a few of the repairs carried out before are fairly agricultural if you know what I mean.

thats a great looking motor,and what a view in the background :sunglasses:

I might have been able to give you that answer 40 years ago but the old memory has erased such details now, then it would have been in Gallons (Litres hadn’t been invented as far as the UK was concerned) and I would think Four gallons which is around 20 Litres anyway. The 505 wasn’t a big engine so you won’t be far off with 20. Most engines take around that today which are similar size. Franky.