advise needed

started working for a french company 2 weeks ago
starting at 2pm driving for 4 hrs collect load and back 4hrs to drop off point normally finish about 1am

then another driver takes the load and does about the same hrs 3am to 1pm

my question is about the following-
last night about 9pm i checked my emails by chance and saw a message from the boss telling me to do the day shift
no reason given at the time , as i had not done the route i asked when does the load have to be delivered and location of drop as only the name of company and the town is listed on the paperwork
searched the yellow pages
so after getting my bag, some food ready and working out the route i had to take i got about 3 hrs sleep
no sat nav printed off a map

sorry for not giving more details about locations and company as i screwed up, going to the wrong area and i think i am out of a job

Q is there any legal stand point that he can do this as very short notice and am wondering what would of happened if i did not checnk my emails

saarbo:
started working for a french company 2 weeks ago
starting at 2pm driving for 4 hrs collect load and back 4hrs to drop off point normally finish about 1am

then another driver takes the load and does about the same hrs 3am to 1pm

my question is about the following-
last night about 9pm i checked my emails by chance and saw a message from the boss telling me to do the day shift
no reason given at the time , as i had not done the route i asked when does the load have to be delivered and location of drop as only the name of company and the town is listed on the paperwork
searched the yellow pages
so after getting my bag, some food ready and working out the route i had to take i got about 3 hrs sleep
no sat nav printed off a map

sorry for not giving more details about locations and company as i screwed up, going to the wrong area and i think i am out of a job

Q is there any legal stand point that he can do this as very short notice and am wondering what would of happened if i did not checnk my emails

In my opinion it’s unreasonable of them to email you with a change of instructions, they should phone so they can be sure you get the message, but as you’ve only been working there for a couple of weeks they can get id of you any-time they please I’m afraid.

Sorry I’m not sure about your post, did you do the deliveries/collections or not :confused:

Hi Saarbo,

I’m not sure how relevent your Companys Nationality is but be sure mate that If you are given an insruction by any Manager in any Industry, it is that Managers responsibility to make sure that you have understood your instructions and that you are capable of completing them.

W

saarbo:
i screwed up, going to the wrong area and i think i am out of a job

How did you get on over this ?

Hopefully everything turned out OK in the end :wink: