Advice

Hi,
A class 1 driver down our local asked me what I thought? my answer seems odd to me, so what do you think ?

He is looking at a job delivering caravans (statics) self employed, basic salary £350 plus 6% of the load
He reckons he’ll be away 2 to 3 nights
The owner says he should earn £600 a week,
I personally don’t think that is great but certainly not for self employed i.e no holiday pay, other benefits.
I’d have thought he could get in excess of £600 on fridges plus night out money and holiday pay.
I said come work with me at £10 an hour self employed, I pay my guys that much employed.
The previous employee (self employed worker) got sacked for not checking the oil, he’d been with him since day 1, Hmmm!

I will pass on your thoughts as long as you don’t swear :smiley:

Muckspreader:
Hi,
A class 1 driver down our local asked me what I thought? my answer seems odd to me, so what do you think ?

He is looking at a job delivering caravans (statics) self employed, basic salary £350 plus 6% of the load
He reckons he’ll be away 2 to 3 nights
The owner says he should earn £600 a week,
I personally don’t think that is great but certainly not for self employed i.e no holiday pay, other benefits.
I’d have thought he could get in excess of £600 on fridges plus night out money and holiday pay.
I said come work with me at £10 an hour self employed, I pay my guys that much employed.
The previous employee (self employed worker) got sacked for not checking the oil, he’d been with him since day 1, Hmmm!

I will pass on your thoughts as long as you don’t swear :smiley:

so the days he’s not earning that’ll be every 3rd day taking into account dead running he’ll not earn that. he’s only guaranteed £350 … I wouldn’t work for £££ + % you know your gonna be working your nutz off while someone else reaps the rewards.

Muckspreader:
Hi,

He is looking at a job delivering caravans (statics) self employed

The employer doesn’t decide whether the position is self employed, HMRC does. This would not qualify for self employment.