Advice

Hi there, im a new member and would just like some advice really.

I did my class 2 and class 1 nearly 2 years ago now, however I have not actually done any work yet nor my CPC. I am currently at University but have finished for summer, i’d like just a normal back home every night job over this period, however when I go back to uni, I need to do like 1 or 2 nights a week (fri+sat).

Can anyone suggest a company to me that are fairly flexible and will take on new drivers, looking at doing nights at first just to get used to it again.

Also should I pay to do my CPC now and apply for a digi card?

Thanks

You certainly need your digicard as all trucks from May 2006 are fitted with digitachs.

If you passed your car test before 1997 you have till Sept to complete your 35 hours periodic training.

If you passed your car test after 1996 then you need Mods 2 and 4. If you’ve already done them then you need do nothing.

I suggest you register with agencies to try and get shifts that suit your requirements. With luck, you’ll drop onto a regular gig.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
You certainly need your digicard as all trucks from May 2006 are fitted with digitachs.

If you passed your car test before 1997 you have till Sept to complete your 35 hours periodic training.

If you passed your car test after 1996 then you need Mods 2 and 4. If you’ve already done them then you need do nothing.

I suggest you register with agencies to try and get shifts that suit your requirements. With luck, you’ll drop onto a regular gig.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the reply Pete, I passed my car test in 2007, (Im 23, 24 in July). How long are modules 2 and 4? How much would it cost me and how long does it take? Are agencies the best way these days then rather than going direct to the company?

You can normally get a Mod 2 test in a couple of weeks and your Mod 4 a couple of weeks after that. We charge £300 for the lot including online training for Mod 2, the test booked and paid for, Mod 4 training, Mod 4 test booked and paid for, vehicle for test, VAT.

(To really annoy you, we do this free with a full course - maybe think about CE?)

I still think you’re probably better off trying to get these shifts through an agency, but it’s worth approaching companies direct to see if you can get the shifts you want.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

He did class 1 (CE) nearly 2 years ago - its in the first post

Whoops :blush: :blush: Missed my afternoon nap. You know how it is ROG!

Pete :laughing: :laughing: