Advice

Hi lads,
I have decided I am gonna go on the bendy trucks, I have my class 1 but will be rusty as I done my test 7 years ago and only driven rigids since then.
My question is how many agency shifts do you think I should do before I apply to a local company that I want to work for on the tankers?
I have my ADR and they advertise for ADR drivers now and again but I don’t ■■■■ to screw up the driving assessment baring in mind I haven’t reversed an artic since my test.
Cheers

maybe an idea to contact your local hgv driving school.
am sure thed let you book a couple of hours get out in one get the feel of it all again

Yes, if you’d been driving artics up until 7 years ago then i’d have said it was the same as the old ‘riding a bike’ scene, it would come back in minutes, but all your post test work has been on rigids.

I’d be inclined to get some shifts on an agency on artic work, over the course of a couple of months, and whilst doing it practice your reversing intensely especially blind siding and precise placement of the vehicle where bays are not marked out for you (most tanker delivery points are not marked), you do not want to ■■■■■■■■ up the driving assessment for the tanker job you really want as they might not give you a second chance.

Thanks for the advice, going to truckfest Scotland tomorrow so will see what agencies have work in my area.