Advice wanted... what would you do?

sorry its a bit long

i went in to buisness with someone last year

he had foreign students working who were meant to be at collage and not work

he ripped me off with money left right and centre he owes me around £500 from when he brought me out and he refused to give me a copy of the recipt untill i sent him the public liabilty insurance but then he wanted it to carry on being paid throu my bank account i have texts and emails to prove this

when i text and rung him for the money he took his missus to the police and reported me for haressment 3 days after they had tx me about the recipt payment ect (i didnt get arressted or get a visit from them ) the front office just said not to contact them

this year he has been spreading ■■■■ about me and cost me work and a contract the amount of money i have lost is around £15k

he uses a 1ton transit and tows a trailer weighing in at 1450kg and has stuff in the back which must weigh aroung 1/2ton . the trailer never has a number plate and he cant see very well and doesnt wear his glasses
he also pays no tax as its all cash in hand

he has now put every thing in his g/f name she is from columbia and i dont think she is meant to work as they have to keep getting a visa for her

what would you do

A give him a slap

B let vosa/hmrc know about the van ect

C issue small claims for money owed

D all the above

chris_g:
sorry its a bit long

i went in to buisness with someone last year

he had foreign students working who were meant to be at collage and not work

he ripped me off with money left right and centre he owes me around £500 from when he brought me out and he refused to give me a copy of the recipt untill i sent him the public liabilty insurance but then he wanted it to carry on being paid throu my bank account i have texts and emails to prove this

when i text and rung him for the money he took his missus to the police and reported me for haressment 3 days after they had tx me about the recipt payment ect (i didnt get arressted or get a visit from them ) the front office just said not to contact them

this year he has been spreading [zb] about me and cost me work and a contract the amount of money i have lost is around £15k

he uses a 1ton transit and tows a trailer weighing in at 1450kg and has stuff in the back which must weigh aroung 1/2ton . the trailer never has a number plate and he cant see very well and doesnt wear his glasses
he also pays no tax as its all cash in hand

he has now put every thing in his g/f name she is from columbia and i dont think she is meant to work as they have to keep getting a visa for her

what would you do

A give him a slap - If it makes you feel better

B let vosa/hmrc know about the van ect - Would that get you your money back?

C issue small claims for money owed - How much will you get realistically?

D all the above - or none of the above!

Or you could just move on thinking, he owes me around £500. I must be more careful next time.

On a lorry forum, it is the cost of a tyre and a callout.

£500 ? Be thankful,lesson learned,move on.